Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Bitburg Motorpark, Germany

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 08:38 PM
blacksunshine05
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bitburg Motorpark, Germany

Bitburg Motorpark used to be an old Air Base before 1994. Elevation 1,223ft. When racing down the strip you rise up 10ft by the time you reach the end.

This is my car on July 3rd
Street tires and 20psi boost. Car was untuned.

R/T: 0.551
60ft: 1.823
1/8 ET: 8.720
1/8 MPH: 86.54
1/4 ET: 13.269
1/4 MPH: 107.91

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoQ9Icd7avA

Sep 18 at Bitburg
Street tires and 20psi boost. Car was tuned. Below 22psi and the car only sees 24 degrees of timing with the tune. The turbo doesn't shine until 23psi or higher were it will see 27 degrees of timing. I was having hesitation problems in upper RPM. Possibly need to look at sparkplugs and make sure they are still gapped right. I didnt use the WOT box for any runs this past weekend.

R/T: 0.378
60ft: 2.521
1/8 ET: 9.308
1/8 MPH: 86.87
1/4 ET: 13.719
1/4 MPH: 114.50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvGVu...eature=channel

Here are some videos of other SRT-4s here in Germany. We were all having problems this day running any good numbers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a710g...eature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3jE4...eature=channel

This one we recorded because that VW Van was fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSoS3...eature=channel

A couple of pictures:

Name:  DSCN0185.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  365.1 KB

Name:  DSCN0179.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  393.4 KB

Last edited by blacksunshine05; 09-22-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:56 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Shane, those are GREAT videos!!!!!!! Did my daughter film those?? If so, she's getting ALOT better!! BTW, her birthday package is on the way.......

Dusty/Dad

PS...Do I see some Tab-V aircraft shelters in the background???

Old 09-22-2010, 07:52 AM
blacksunshine05
Professional

Originally Posted by dustyloins
Shane, those are GREAT videos!!!!!!! Did my daughter film those?? If so, she's getting ALOT better!! BTW, her birthday package is on the way.......

Dusty/Dad

PS...Do I see some Tab-V aircraft shelters in the background???
She did film them. We mounted the camera on a tri-pod Those are Tab-V aircraft shelters. Left over from when it was a base. F-15s at one time used to live there. But after 1994 the base shut down.

This is the last year for racing at Bitburg. Someone contracted the whole place out to teach people how to fly. So no more racing here after Oct 9th, the last race of the season.

Last edited by blacksunshine05; 09-22-2010 at 08:17 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:41 PM
blacksunshine05
Professional

Here is Chad and his 2009 Ford Mustang Cobra GT500 with a stage 2 kit and 3.73 gears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfKOoS3jHk4

Old 09-23-2010, 07:47 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted by blacksunshine05
She did film them. We mounted the camera on a tri-pod Those are Tab-V aircraft shelters. Left over from when it was a base. F-15s at one time used to live there. But after 1994 the base shut down.

This is the last year for racing at Bitburg. Someone contracted the whole place out to teach people how to fly. So no more racing here after Oct 9th, the last race of the season.
So where will they race next year....Nurburgring???

It's kinda cool to see those aircraft shelters still standing at Bitburg, just like they still do at my old base, Hahn. Since they were built to withstand a nuclear attack, they'll probably be there long after we're gone. I hated guarding those things when they had nukes uploaded on the F-4's at Hahn. NOBODY would come around for days sometimes to check on you and give you a "box nasty" (box lunch) or coffee or even a pee or poop break. You learned fast to provide your own "rations" and carry some toilet paper in your gear. No-Doze came in handy too, even though I learned it was possible to sleep standing up against a concrete and steel wall..........

Old 09-24-2010, 01:58 AM
blacksunshine05
Professional

So where will they race next year....Nurburgring???

It's kinda cool to see those aircraft shelters still standing at Bitburg, just like they still do at my old base, Hahn. Since they were built to withstand a nuclear attack, they'll probably be there long after we're gone. I hated guarding those things when they had nukes uploaded on the F-4's at Hahn. NOBODY would come around for days sometimes to check on you and give you a "box nasty" (box lunch) or coffee or even a pee or poop break. You learned fast to provide your own "rations" and carry some toilet paper in your gear. No-Doze came in handy too, even though I learned it was possible to sleep standing up against a concrete and steel wall..........
Well it is sad that it will close. German Race Wars (Eisenach) or Hockeheim (when they use part of the track for 1/4 mile racing) this will be the biggest places to race. That will be about it really.

Old 09-24-2010, 03:48 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

I forgot about Hockeheim. Land is so valuable and regulated over there that's it's hard to start something like that.

Dusty

Old 09-24-2010, 06:49 PM
blacksunshine05
Professional

I forgot about Hockeheim. Land is so valuable and regulated over there that's it's hard to start something like that.

Dusty
Well good news I just found out if the Cargo Company that is doing the contract for Bitburg wins the contract they will allow the racing for the next 4 years while they fix up the airfield. So 1on1 Motorsports will be allowed to race for the next 4 years to come. That is good news for a lot of people.

Quick Reply: Bitburg Motorpark, Germany