Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Update on Shane Hmiel

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 07:11 PM
chud298
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on Shane Hmiel

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Driver Shane Hmiel has been suspended from NASCAR competition until at least 2007, NASCAR officials said Wednesday. At that time, NASCAR will evaluate whether or not he will be allowed to return to competition. Hmiel was suspended indefinitely June 3 after failing a substance abuse test. It was Hmiel's second offense. He was first suspended in September 2003 after failing a substance abuse test. He completed a prescribed rehabilitation program and was reinstated for NASCAR competition in February 2004. NASCAR will lay out a road map for Hmiel's possible reinstatement in 2007, including a rehabilitation program that will include medical and psychological reviews, as well as frequent testing. NASCAR will continue to be vigilant in enforcing its Substance Abuse Policy. The policy, based on reasonable suspicion, allows NASCAR to broadly administer tests virtually anytime, anywhere.

http://www.nascar.com/2005/news/head...ion/index.html

I think this was a good move on Nascar's part. They can use him as an example to make drivers think twice about doing that. I think if he's not clean by 2007, kick him out completely.

Old 06-23-2005, 10:00 PM
turboram
Record Breaker
Default RE: Update on Shane Hmiel

[sm=smiley6.gif] man what the hell is he thinking maybe they shoud just kick him out for good but that what i think

Old 06-24-2005, 12:04 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanna know what substance he was using.

Old 06-24-2005, 03:20 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it must have been something serious...i cannot see nascar bothering to suspend someone until 2007 for something like pot.

Old 06-24-2005, 04:06 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

That was a good examlple to make of him. They should try that with baseball and steriods.

-Matt-

Old 06-28-2005, 02:31 PM
chud298
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

it must have been something serious...i cannot see nascar bothering to suspend someone until 2007 for something like pot.
I don't know...It was his second offense so maybe that played a big role in that big of a punishment.

Quick Reply: Update on Shane Hmiel