Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Start #600 for Schrader!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 03:11 AM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Start #600 for Schrader!

Start #600 for Schrader: Ken Schrader and the #49 Schwan’s Home Service Dodge head to the 1.54-mile Atlanta Motor Speedway this week for Sunday’s Golden Corral 500. Sunday’s race will be the 600th NASCAR Cup start of Schrader’s career. Driver of the Schwan’s Home Service Dodge, 48-year-old Schrader, is a native of Fenton, Mo., and the busiest driver in major league motorsports, Schrader has raced on virtually every type of speedway in virtually every type of race car, and continues a winning career that has seen him win over $20 million. The thoughts of #49 Schwan’s Home Service Dodge driver Ken Schrader heading into Atlanta: “If you were to catch me at a certain time, I might tell you that Atlanta is just another race at another track. But, that wouldn’t be entirely true. Atlanta will always be special to me and I suppose after Sunday it will carry a bit more meaning. Historically the Atlanta Motor Speedway has always been a place where we run well. We’ve won there before so, of course I’ll always remember it for that. But, when they give the command to fire the engines on Sunday that will be start Number 600 for my Cup career. Occasionally you reach a number, which is really all it is, that someone will label a milestone and then they’ll ask you to reflect back. When we started out racing in Cup over 20 years ago, I never thought about start number 600. Shoot ,I was just worried if I would get start number two! Honestly, I just feel fortunate that I have been able to race for this long at this level. Someone told me that I’ll be the 16th driver in Cup history to reach 600 starts… not everyone has had that opportunity, so I guess it’s pretty neat to know I’ll be one of the few who were fortunate enough to get to 600.(Williams Company PR)(3-9-2004)

redriderbob

Old 03-12-2004, 07:11 PM
Vader
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Start #600 for Schrader!

Been a while for Kenny, hope he wins one soon.

Quick Reply: Start #600 for Schrader!