Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Curious about what YOU consider a kill

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 01:06 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Curious about what YOU consider a kill

It's all for bragging rights and pride I'd say. I never said anything that I beat was a POS... by three lengths or three inches... I don't beat my chest either... I race, if I win, there's some respect, if I lose, it's still a respectable run, I don't give in easily...

How can you really compare cars racing on the street anyway... ? I mean, I do it, I find it fun and a important part of my day, but if you really want to show off, take it to the Strip and get a kill, a fast 1/4 mile time is better then a street kill story, unless you've got it on video tape, that is. LOL!

So, when did I call the loser a POS? Never did, I don't think that way. You asked what a Kill is, I'm saying it's got nothing to do with distance won by IMO.

~Amanda

Old 03-17-2004, 09:21 PM
uhoh
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amanda, somehow you seem to be taking my conversation a bit too personally. Your defensiveness may be my fault but I did not at any point intend to pick you out of the crowd. My observations are generic and this conversation was intended for all to read like in group discussion. It is probably my style of writing as I try and balance my work load and what litte time I have to view this site throughout a day. Let's bring it down a notch and step back. Once again, I am not saying YOU said or do any of the things I have been refering to.

Again, thanks for responding to the thread. I'll try and separate my response to an individual vs the group better etc.

Old 03-17-2004, 09:26 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

Ooooh I didn't think you were picking me out, I'm sorry if it came across that way. [sm=smiley5.gif]

I can just babble for hours on "a kill". LOL! My apologies...

~Amanda

Old 03-18-2004, 07:51 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

I guess it all just comes down to interpretation of the word. It's a matter of usage; I have 120 kills vs. I just killed that Mustang. The first simply implies kill/s as wins, where the latter implies winning by a large margin. [sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 03-20-2004, 02:09 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i was coming home one night, and i got off the interstate,and my RT is pretty loud, especially for a 6 cylinder. as i exited, i saw a honda go screaming past the ramp. it was about 2am, and i thought it was kind of odd, so i jumped on it when i pulled out. i came up on him, and he had slowed down, and it was typical rice. like a 14 inch diameter muffler, blacksteel rims, the works. well, i saw him glance at me in his mirror, and he started slowing down, as did i....50...45...35..and he would slam on his brakes every so often, and keep in mind,i wasnt tailgating. when we got down around 15 or so, i was starting to get pissed, so i pulled along side and flipped my internal neons on and hit the throttle in neutral. now the road were on is about a 2 miles long, and at the end, crossed a 5 lane highway, but not before a steep downhil portion, and a very sharp blind turn. but anyways, as i hit the gas, and started to pull away, i saw headlights coming at me. so i sped up to get ahead of him, and he also sped up, and it was on. i managed to tuck in before we met the oncoming traffic, and he was about 5 car lengths back, and i hit the turn around 75, slowing down, with him gaining. he almost got along side me when i saw him swerve,and glance off a parked car on the other side of the road. we got to the 5 lane crossing, and at this point i had decided i wasnt stopping. so we both hit the light at red, and went through, i saw sparks come off of him as we both bottomed out, and he seemed to lose it a bit, unable to make the next turn, sliding off the road,...so i slowed down, considering myself to have grabbed a fairly easy kill. well, about 10 minutes later, i see headlights coming, fast. it was him, again, and he got along side me, and this time i was going tolet him go by, but when he got along side, he sswerved towards my car, pushing me off the road a bit, and i jumped back into it, i pulled away, and i saw him swerving into what little oncoming traffic there was, running people off the road, he finally got alon side of me again, and i hit the brakes hard and as he went past me, he cut me off, hit a mailbox, and went tearing off, and when i got to the top of the hill, he was pulled over, with smoke pouring from his car. i pulled up cautiously, and when i got close, expecting some drunken ramble,his only reply was, "great race" people like that, who bait on two lane roads, and then dont know when to quit, are the reason street racing accidents happen. and while i cant say that i was innocent, come on..it Was a honda.

Old 03-20-2004, 09:32 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

When you feel the need to go blasting through a red light I think it's time you need to learn that some things aren't worth your life or the lives of others, you could have died because of a riced out Honduh. Once I've proved my point by leaving them in my exhaust dust, I'll leave it at that and if they wanna blow by me after I have hit the brakes and slowed down to around the legal limit, then normally I'll let them be because I had already made my point.[sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 04-03-2004, 04:45 AM
Fs67cuda

For me a kill would be 3 lengths. a win is a win! but i'm old school i like to come back by and see them trying to explain to their peers what just happened. in my younger days my licence was suspended 3 times for points (30 tickets ) and at least 50 i talked my way out of,and i had so many fix 21yrs later i'am still paying off on the favors.i had a 73 charger with a 71 440 t-n-t interceptor i pulled out of a highway patrol car and built 600hp high gears in the rear,i was clocked at 197 the cop had to settle for the 71 vette with a 454 they got him at 152 i saw him the next day after he got out of jail his car was still in car jail. that was a kill,gut and skined.a year later i gave the car to my younger brother i still see MY charger all the time, but now that my record clean he wont give it back he did offer to maybe sell me the body back,said he was keeping HIS motor that just aint right.

Old 04-03-2004, 04:51 AM
Fs67cuda

I should say that (was) 21yrs ago traffic was at least 1/2 of what it is now i was on a 4 lane highway out of the city about 10 miles late in the evening.

Quick Reply: Curious about what YOU consider a kill