Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Curious about what YOU consider a kill

Old 03-16-2004, 01:11 PM
uhoh
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Curious about what YOU consider a kill

I am curious what some of you think is a kill, beating, whupin, destruction etc in a race. The reason I ask is due the terminology like "I killed his truck by like 2 tenths".

So if you win a race by what margin is it close, destroyed, killed, annihilated, etc.

Old 03-16-2004, 01:19 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Curious about what YOU consider a kill

I consider "a kill" a win... no matter by how much. I'm not racing on anything but regular streets, so I'm racing from stoplights and such... 2 tenths isn't really measurable the way I do it... LOL! If I'm in front, I win.

If (s)he's left way back, or even as close as a full truck length back (at my rear bumper), then I'd consider that well beaten... destroyed, annilihated... that's if he's farther back then a length... close... well... close is close... never losing the other racer.

What do you think a kill is? I don't measure distance with it... just means I won. (Or, nice kill uhoh... nice win!)

Hope I babbled that clearly and everyone understands what I mean... LMAO!!

~Amanda

Old 03-16-2004, 02:36 PM
lawntycoon
Professional

I consider a kill (a win) but it must be straight up with each truck. no one at an disadvantage...I want a fair run for the both of us.....(traffic etc....)That way win or lose there will not be any doubts......I can take it or I can give it!!!! its the nature of the beast.....I even run a ford 4x4 and he had a 4 wheeler in the bed of his truck......No he didnt win but his truck run pretty damn good with all of that ...I waited for him at the next light and told him that his truck run good for the 33's and the 4 wheeler . Because it did!!! that whats its about......ego's? maybe but be honest with the next guy....because there is always someone out there faster.....always!!!

Old 03-16-2004, 02:53 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

YES!! Traffic, someone who pulls out and cuts a racer off etc... that never counts.

And yes, I'll race anything, and always give credit where credit is due, but most people I race aren't expecting me to be so quick off the line (I swear my reaction time is GREAT) and I win often, but I'll even race what I KNOW will beat me (i.e. a Vette) because it's still fun.

~Amanda

Old 03-16-2004, 03:46 PM
Vader
Champion

Kill=Victory whether its skill or driver error. The fastest car does not always win the race.

Old 03-16-2004, 08:59 PM
uhoh
Rookie

Well maybe I am just old or something but I don't use the words of the young guns out there to describe a win as if it was extreme. I keep hearing peeps talking about killing another in a race or destroying etc when in fact the race was actually quite close. When I raced for money nothing was said just the money exchanged hands and all was ok. Now peeps run from light to light or something like that and claim to have annihilated the competition especially if it was brand x. I get the feeling that any win turns into an all out extreme win no matter how close it was in reality. The other thing I notice is how much chest beating and back patting goes on without knowing whether the other "truck" had a comparable engine etc. Just an observation.

For example, if I ran someone and beat them by a mere truck length which equates to about 1 tenth in a full on quarter mile run I would claim to have won but I would also say the trucks were almost equal. I would also consider the power and weight difference to determine equality. I suppose this comes from my philosophy of giving credit where it is due regardless of my perferences and shying away from extreme vocabulary.

Anyway, was just curious.

Old 03-16-2004, 11:16 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

I agree. Racing for racing's sake, especially on public streets is silly and dangerous to other people. If you think you have the meanest machine in town, take it to the strip/track. No sense in getting cited by the PO-lice and risking lawsuits, jail time, higher insurance rates, loss of your license, killing some innocent people, etc, etc. Putting the pedal to the metal once in a while in otherwise normal driving conditioins is to be expected given the mindset of today's average driver. To drive with the PROS, take a trip to Germany, they have to go thru a driving school, pay a small fortune for their permit, and drive very expensive cars at very high speeds.

Old 03-17-2004, 03:34 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

A kill would have to be a few car lengths. Within a car length is close.

Old 03-17-2004, 03:38 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

A win is a win... to me a kill is a win. No matter how close, I don't try to get technical, who's in front wins, not matter if it's a length, a foot, a nose, or a hair... at least to me that's what a kill is. Who cares if it's close if you win... you STILL WON... Right??

~Amanda

Old 03-17-2004, 12:55 PM
uhoh
Rookie

I think you are missing my point and getting hung up on the word KILL. A kill is a win, sure, but the statement "I killed this car" implies a win by a significant margin. I think we agree that a win is a win even if it comes down to inches. But in the world of no pay, no stakes racing a win means less to me unless it is simply an ego boost. I guess our vehicles make us better than someone else.

I too enjoy the race, the challenge, the fact my vehicle may be "better" lol or worse. But a win means little to me if anything other than ego is on the line, but then again I don't beat my chest too often about how hot my vehicle is, I just think it! he he. Once again, the whole my truck beat yours by 3 feet therefore yours is a POS mentality cracks me up.

To each their own. I am just curious about how other people think. I guess the one thing I have learned over the years in competitive sports is to give credit where it is due and not take things to serious regardless of the out come. In other words I try to internalize my feelings, lol, and get over myself.

Thanks for the input.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Curious about what YOU consider a kill