Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Starting to get closer

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 07:51 PM
moparmanjames
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting to get closer

I was at the races on Saturday and it was a night event.
As the weather got cooler, if you call 88f cool, the car went faster.
I started with a 11.69 pass at 96f, then I dialed a 11.69 in run for the money and ran a 11.689!
Then round 2 qualifying, it ran a 11.64 at 89f.
It was 88f on the first round so I dialed a 11.63 and the thing went 11.60 for a break-out.
I had a crappy light .070 to his .028 so I didn't get in front of him till the end.
I was happy anyway with the new best, and next month is the next race so hopefully we will see some temps in the 70's at night and maybe it will run in the 11.50's.
I can't wait for the November race so I can finally be asked to leave the track for running too fast!LOL I wan't them to put it in writing so I can show off!

Old 08-15-2005, 09:24 PM
MChat
Captain
Default RE: Starting to get closer

ORIGINAL: moparmanjames

I was at the races on Saturday and it was a night event.
As the weather got cooler, if you call 88f cool, the car went faster.
I started with a 11.69 pass at 96f, then I dialed a 11.69 in run for the money and ran a 11.689!
Then round 2 qualifying, it ran a 11.64 at 89f.
It was 88f on the first round so I dialed a 11.63 and the thing went 11.60 for a break-out.
I had a crappy light .070 to his .028 so I didn't get in front of him till the end.
I was happy anyway with the new best, and next month is the next race so hopefully we will see some temps in the 70's at night and maybe it will run in the 11.50's.
I can't wait for the November race so I can finally be asked to leave the track for running too fast!LOL I wan't them to put it in writing so I can show off!
Very nice!

So after you get tossed off the track are you going to add a bar?

Old 08-16-2005, 12:00 AM
moparmanjames
Veteran

I don't know, I'm thinking of just racing in the Pro class and just short shifting it. Also there is a thursday night street war thing that we have that gets the illegal street cars off the road and you can run as fast as you want with no bar.
Don't know how long it will last though.

Old 08-16-2005, 10:37 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are goo runs in that heat. 30% humidity. Man that part really sounds sweet. It's so humid in NC this time of the year, you need gills to breath good.

Old 08-16-2005, 12:24 PM
bad360rt

Nice runs! I'm hoping to get kicked off the track soon too! [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 08-16-2005, 01:40 PM
big asp
Veteran

Nice runs! We're thinking of coming down to Las Vegas one of these days to run my truck after the turbo's installed. Our track here is 4,500 ft. plus they let too many cars in so that you're lucky to get two passes. They never treat the surface either. SLIPPERY! I'd love to see you run your beast. We should hook up down there (pun intended).

Another reason for the roll bar rule change was that enough factory stock cars (Vipers, Z06, etc.) are pushing into the 11s.

Old 08-16-2005, 01:51 PM
moparmanjames
Veteran

Thanks guys!

Mopartodd, it doesn't get too humid here but when it does, it's really bad. It was over 90% during a recent rainy spell and that was the worst in 100+ heat!

Bad360rt, sounds like a sweet ride you have there, good luck on getting 86'd LOL

big asp, come on down! I don't know how well it will run here but the track is nice and the showgirls are friendly!LOL

Old 08-16-2005, 02:04 PM
bad360rt

ORIGINAL: moparmanjames

Thanks guys!

Mopartodd, it doesn't get too humid here but when it does, it's really bad. It was over 90% during a recent rainy spell and that was the worst in 100+ heat!

Bad360rt, sounds like a sweet ride you have there, good luck on getting 86'd LOL

big asp, come on down! I don't know how well it will run here but the track is nice and the showgirls are friendly!LOL
Thanks! I've got a meet in Oct that's gonna be my first shot, weather should be good, and I'll have a few more tweaks done by then. Then I also have Nov/Dec at Cecil, and all winter at Atco, they run every Sunday so long as there isn't snow on the track! LOL Nothing like running in 30-40* air, altho it does make hooking up a bit difficult [sm=burnout.gif]

Old 08-16-2005, 03:12 PM
moparmanjames
Veteran

I'm sure you'll make it with that set up! It's just a matter of turning up the wick right? LOL

Old 08-17-2005, 01:19 AM
Vader
Champion

Great job, See you at the Palms

Quick Reply: Starting to get closer