Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

A very...ummm...fascinating encounter...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Dartman69
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A very...ummm...fascinating encounter...

Before I get started with my little story, I'd like to appologize in advance if I offend any Mustang owners out there (though rare, I realize that there are honorable, decent people that drive them too). Point of fact is though, I have had far too many run-ins with psychotic, steroid enhanced, Mustang drivers with severe road rage problems. I have had glass bottles thrown at my car, spit shot at me while sitting at traffic lights, and rocks spun up at my windshield by these maniacal ********. It might just be me, but it seems as though 85% of the Ford Mustang drivers (both male and female) in my home town have a problem coping with their fragile egos. Everytime I try to have a nice, safe, friendly street race with one of these folks, something always goes awry (usually after I let them catch up to me, but sometimes even before hand). Prior to yesterday, I thought that I had seen it all from these ***-pirates- I was quite wrong!

I was out for a nice leisurely drive with my girlfriend and one other friend of mine on a nice, balmy Wednesday afternoon. After driving around for about 15 minutes or so, we came accross a certain maroon-coloured '99 (or so) Mustang GT. Spotting a Mustang GT while driving in the SRT-4 spells only thing- fun time! Since the 'stang came up on our rear, he had already spotted my lil' electric blue Neon, and was giving me the usually chach routine of pulling up next to me and gunning his engine wildly whilst laughing and calling my car a piece of **** and so on. I allowed the GT to pull in front of me so that I could get into his lane and follow him (the street we were on was far too busy to safely do any sort of performance driving). After we had finally found a safe stretch of road, I pulled up beside Mr. 'stang in the adjacent lane where I once again endured a bushel of thick-headed, profane remarks targeted towards both my SRT and I. Being the honorable driver that I am, I let the villain be the first to hammer on the gas pedal so that I wouldn't have to hear the old "you had a head start" excuse. After giving him a one-second head start, I floored the gas in my SRT- the turbocharger spooled up immeadiately, and the Mustang (visible mods included terribly illegal window tint, blacked out headlights, and various patches of velcro adhesed to his rear bumper for some unknown reason) was well behind me in mere moments (my mods include: stage 1 PCM, Borla exhaust, Mopar short shifter, MSD wires, NGK iridium IX plugs, Mopar titanium strut tower bars, K&N Typhoon CAI, Mopar blow-off valve, and a nice set of 3D tuner tail lamps). As per standard procedure, I got on the brakes to slow down so that I could see the reaction on the guys face (who wouldn't). Sadly, though not surprisingly, the Mustang turned off so that I could not see the look of shame on his face.

After enduring a few moments of my companions egging me on to go find him, I decided to turn off at the next exit to see if could spot him. To my surprise, it didn't take long for us to find him in the residential area that we were in. Driving down a long stretch of road, we could see the Mustang headed towards us for about 3 blocks or so- the trouble was, he was driving straight for us and accelerating at full throttle! Unsure of what his intentions were, I kept driving straight. Once I realized he had no intention of stopping, I was forced to swerve up onto the sidewalk- he blew past only missing us by a few inches! Unsatisfied with his first attempt, he swung the back end of his car around and blasted towards us again. This time, he was the one driving on the sidewalk as he pulled up to our right and tried to slam into our side. I braked hard just in time so that he'd miss, but he was bound and determined! At this point, we had entered into a court, and our crazed pursuer had swung his car out to try to block our escape. Shouting wildly from his car window, the blood shot-eyed madman screamed out phrases like "what the fu*k are you laughing at?!?!?!" and "I'm gonna f*cking kill you!!!!" etc. I replied back with a few phrases of my own which contained terms like: insane, crazy, 'roid monkey, and sore loser.

It was at this point that he decided to get out of his car and come charging towards in an attempt to swing at me through my car window. Having no time to get out of the car before being struck, I resorted to driving my car up on a lawn and around his car to escape his blow of fury. Once I had made it a safe distance away, I instructed the others to stay in the car and call the police while I tried to calm the guy down (my car is often parked on a fairly busy street, and I didn't want to wake up one morning to find it trashed by this guy). I am by no means a scrawny elf (I'm 6'2" tall and 200 lbs), but this guy towered another 3 inches over me and was built like a brick shi*t house. It took about 10 seconds for me to realize that negotiating wasn't going to be possible. The struggle ensued. Being as big as he was, he had the ability to throw me around like a rag doll (which he did at least a few times). In the end, I had to resort to a few dirty moves (ie. thumbs in the eye, groin kicking, and kicks in the head whilst he was down) to avoid having the snot beaten out of me (which would have been inevitable). As soon as I saw a window of opportunity to flee to my car, I went for. We sped off as quickly as possible (without endangering other drivers) for the nearest police station. My girlfriend was still on the phone with the police giving them the play by play so to speak. Before long, the red mustang was back in the rearview mirror and closing fast.

I tried to drive on the busiest roads possible so as to deter him from running me off the road again (having witnesses is always a plus!). He made a point of riding the *** of my car whenever he had the chance. At this point, the police had all the squad cars in the area looking for us. The dispatcher instructed us to do the best we could to make it to the police station in one piece. I was starting to feel like Steve McQueen in Bullit, only it was the Mustang chasing me! With alot of luck, we lured the psycho along far enough so that the police finally caught up with us. After a slight struggle, the police managed to get the cuffs on the guy and stuff him in the back of a cruiser. Yikes! What an afternoon!

After following the police back to HQ to each give our statements, the three of us departed for home. It wasn't until early this morning when an officer gave me a call that I got the full low-down on what the deal was with this guy. Apparentally, this fellow not only got fired from his job and got dumped by his girlfriend the same day, but also decided to shoot up on PCP and steroids at the same time...yeah...great! I guess I'm lucky that I got away as easy as I did...things could've gotten a whole lot worse.

So yeah, that was how I spent my Wednesday afternoon...anyone else have some good Mustang encounter stories? lol

Old 09-01-2005, 07:33 PM
TurboPowered
Veteran
Default RE: A very...ummm...fascinating encounter...

Sorry to hear about that, start carrying a blade. You could have sliced and diced.

Old 09-01-2005, 07:37 PM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker

holy sh*t... tell me you are making that story up!!?!?!?! holy sh*t....

wow... you are very lucky the guy wasn't any worse than that... wow.... if your story is 100% true, that is just amazing... wow...

I guess losing to a Neon was enough to make the guy snap... ha-ha... wow...

Old 09-01-2005, 09:12 PM
jameshushek
Rookie

wow dude that sucks and its awsome at the same time, i dont know what to say but way to beat his ***, i guess three times, once in the race, once in the fight, and on the race to the police station. congrats. this just proves that you shouldnt go put egg on those peoples faces you beat, you never know what may happen, what if he had a gun, and getting out of your car, not the smartest move sorry to say. I guess your just one lucky guy. but coongrats on the kill

Old 09-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Hi N Mity
Rookie

next time, just assume they are humiliated. Don't go to find them to see for yourself... I have had my cars trashed at night before while I was sleeping. I used to have a 73 nova that would put a spankin on most rides around, but it seemed to get keyed alot.

Old 09-02-2005, 04:41 AM
Pressurecooker
Record Breaker

You shouldn't have said roidmonkey. Swollen anused primates can be quite sensative to thier condition. You were out of line. You should go visit him in jail and apologize. LOL :-D

Old 09-02-2005, 06:14 AM
Dartman69
Veteran

LoL I can see alot of your guys' point that maybe I shouldn't have gotten out of my car, but if you were from my small town, you might understand why I never would've seen something like this coming. If I were in a bigger city- maybe. But around here, it's normally better to try and hash things out with the other guy first cuz the chances are you'll probably come accross him/her at least twice in the next couple of days ahead. I'll sure be thinking twice though, if something bizzaro like this ever happens again! Maybe I should buy one of those new S&W .500 Magnums to put under my seat just in case...go ahead- make my day...errr...decade! lol j/k

Old 09-02-2005, 10:25 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The bad idea was hunting him down after beating him. I've never even thought to do that after beating someone.

Old 09-02-2005, 01:29 PM
bigham
Veteran

yea if you beat someone leave it at that if he turns off you already know who has the better vehicle

Old 09-19-2005, 01:09 PM
LadySpeed03

The only encounter i had with a stang was with these 2 friggin morons that were in boot camp or some crap like that. Unlike you, I'm an elf, I'm only 4'11 but i'm a spark plug when it comes to my cars and/or race cars. I don't like anybody messing with my stuff and me. This one night, a friend and i were heading back home after a car show and of course, got stuck at a light in my home town next to an "***-pirate." Well, my town is retarded, beyond belief. The road from the turn pike is a 3 lane road, then goes into a 2 lane road (unannounced, even more dangerous) and then goes into a 1 lane road. He decided to race me from the turn pike, down into the 2 lane road and thought he was quick enough to get in front of me when the road went into 1 lane. He wasn't and i slammed the door shut in his face. Then, he took it upon himself to tail gate the **** outta me all the way back to my house. Being smart, I decided to take this guy on a wild ride down some back roads and what not just to **** him off a little more. At this time, I had my dads truck, which was meant for these kinda roads, so of course i pulled away from him. The one road, which i got the most revenge out of, is nothing but rocks, dirt, down hill, with soooooo many bends and winds, I LOVE IT! I slowed up enough for the moron to start tail gaiting me again and right as he got on me i lit up the tires and kicked back chunks of the road and rocks on his ever so loved mustang. Finally, my friend and i had enough of the 2 idiots so we called my dad and told him to meet us out in the drive-way cause of what was going on. HA! As we pulled up, my dad comes walking towards us with a friggin gun and starts throwing off threats at the 2 kids. The kids left my house and what not so my dad called the cops and reported the incident. They said they'd go out and look for the car and sure enough, they found it not even a 1/2 a mile away from my house. The cop called us down to identify the car, which we did, and the kids denyed it, of course. After which, the cop went out and put his hand on the hood of the car and damn near burnt his hand off. He called us over and I got to see my damage, ha, he needed a whole new hood and blew a tire. I'm not a cocky person, but considering my dads truck came out of it without a scratch, I had to pat myself on the back for it. Everytime that my engine builder calls now, he calls me Little Annie Earnhardt. As a little update on the 2 kids that were hell bent on beating me, they wound up getting kicked out of the this kiddie boot camp crap, blew their engine, had to get a new hood, tire, and head light, and, got beat by a girl. That was my little story!

Anybody wanna race?!

Quick Reply: A very...ummm...fascinating encounter...