Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

2006 Playoff rumors

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 08:46 PM
chud298
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2006 Playoff rumors

ORIGINAL: chrysler/dodge dude

ORIGINAL: chud298

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

I think they should forget the team driver limit and allow 16 drivers in.
HAHA I think they should go back to the way it was .
I'm with you Chud, this playoff system is stupid.
I just think it's stupid because people out of tenth still might be able to make it in the top ten. They might not be able to win but they can still do better than 11th. I mean what happens if the difference from 1st to 15th is like 200 pts, all those people still have a chance to win, COME ON NASCAR!!!

Old 09-16-2005, 12:26 AM
chrysler/dodge dude
Captain

ORIGINAL: chrysler/dodge dude

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

I think they should forget the team driver limit and allow 16 drivers in.
HAHA I think they should go back to the way it was .
I'm with you Chud, this playoff system is stupid.
I just think it's stupid because people out of tenth still might be able to make it in the top ten. They might not be able to win but they can still do better than 11th. I mean what happens if the difference from 1st to 15th is like 200 pts, all those people still have a chance to win, COME ON NASCAR!!!
Yeah, Ricky Rudd and Dale Jarret raced their way into the top ten towards the end of the 2002 season. In 2003 Bill Elliot raced his way into the top ten with 3 races remaining in the season. It just goes to show, you can make the top ten at some point in time during the season even if it is the last race of the season, and finish in the top ten. None of this stupid "after 26 races, you didn't make the top ten, you'are gonna have to race for 11th now, even though there is 10 races to go and you missed the top ten by 1 point"

Old 09-16-2005, 02:17 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's not about making it in the top 10. It's about winning the championship. And don't forget, the points aren't re-set evenly. The 10th spot is -45 points down. Every sport has playoffs. Now, finally NASCAR does. Instead of worrying about 43 drivers. Now you just have to worry about the top 10. The best of the season. It's the way it should be.

What if football, basketball, hockey or baseball didn't have playoffs... You would never get to see who the real champion was, especially football. Playoffs are all about the best facing off against each other and not worrying about the 33 other drivers that drove like sh*t that year.

Old 09-17-2005, 01:02 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Well, here's a somewhat stupid idea....but it would eliminate some issues.....

There's 36 races a year..... shorten it to 31...... the last 5 races.....take the top 15 drivers only....reset all points to zero....and run them in 5 200 mile races....eliminates the extra cars who arent in the big dance.....and you go by total points come the end of those 5 races ONLY....

Alot of Nascar fans wont like it....I dont somewhat like it.....but at least it would be better then the current playoff system..

You could run these races at some of the smaller tracks....road course....maybe even do something with some of these tracks that have been phased out?

Old 09-17-2005, 12:58 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the Chase. I just think they should let more drivers in. Maybe 16...

Quick Reply: 2006 Playoff rumors