Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

SCCA Auto X ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 06:35 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SCCA Auto X ???

Okay... I thought I knew about racing. I watch NASCAR faithfully...LOL!But what is SCCA Auto X racing?</P>

~Amanda</P>

Old 10-21-2003, 07:26 PM
dodgefreak
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCCA Auto X ???

The fastest man or woman wins as you test your driving skills on the track (Solo I) or around the pylons (Solo II also known as Autocross). There are classes for all types of street and race cars and competition is as relaxed or intense as you wish. National Champions are crowned each year at the Tire Rack® Solo II Championships in Topeka, Kansas. There's also the challenging ProSolo series, which features side-by-side competition on mirror image courses and offers awards to event winners and year-end champions.

www.scca.org

Old 10-21-2003, 07:31 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Default SCCA Auto X ???

Wow... I've never heard of that before... I'm so glad your around to teach me something new. LOL!!</P>

If this has it's own catergory, NASCAR needs it own too... LOL! </P>

~Amanda</P>

Old 10-22-2003, 05:46 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Default SCCA Auto X ???

SCCA is Le Mans style racing with all kinds of cars in different classes. I love going to Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course for the American Le Mans Series.

Old 11-08-2003, 07:06 PM
rb70383
Default SCCA Auto X ???

Originally Posted by [)oclgefre4k
The fastest man or woman wins as you test your driving skills on the track (Solo I) or around the pylons (Solo II also known as Autocross). There are classes for all types of street and race cars and competition is as relaxed or intense as you wish. National Champions are crowned each year at the Tire Rack® Solo II Championships in Topeka, Kansas. There's also the challenging ProSolo series, which features side-by-side competition on mirror image courses and offers awards to event winners and year-end champions.

www.scca.org
</P>

</P>

I like the 2003 Challenges they do. Wondering to see what Cliff and his crew bring this rime for the 2004 event.</P>

Old 11-28-2003, 03:39 PM
Truckxpressions
Veteran
Default SCCA Auto X ???

i autocross a little bit around here. We have 12 competitions a year in Lexington and Richmond. I would recommend everyone doing it at least once. Its a lot of fun and a great way to enhance your driving skills

Old 06-04-2004, 12:36 AM
NYG
Veteran
Default RE: SCCA Auto X ???

Glad to see other SCCA members are here.

There is Also SCCA Club Racing - in which Cars are grouped together and race on a closed track - which is what I do - I race in group SSC - which stands for ShowRoom Stock Class C - I race against Honda Civics, Nissan 200sx, Saturn SC, Other Dodge Neons, and other cars that meet certian criteria. We Are allowed very few modifications. usually the club will allow a modifcation to make the car more competitive in its class.

I will be racing Road Atlanta this coming weekend - Hopefully I want be too shy in Turn 5. over a month ago and plowed into a SRF (Special Racer Ford) that had did a 360 spin out exiting turn 5 - had he stayed on his breaks through out the spin - he would not have rolled in front of my path and we could have avoided the crash.

Cya
Greg P

Old 06-05-2004, 07:25 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

That's what I wanted to do with my Neon R/T, but the SRT-4 bug bit me first.

Old 06-05-2004, 07:33 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

...and once they bite, they don't let go...!!![sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 06-06-2004, 06:56 AM
NYG
Veteran

I can relate to that bug - I test drove the SRT4 - and I have that same craving!!!!!

What is worst - is there is a Class for the SRT4 in Club Racing - the category is T2 and it puts the SRT4 competing against Mustangs & Cameros.

Quick Reply: SCCA Auto X ???