Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Rusty thinks Dale Jr. cost him a win:

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 12:00 AM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rusty thinks Dale Jr. cost him a win:

Rusty thinks Dale Jr' cost him a win: At Texas Motor Speedway Thursday, while keeping a watchful eye on his Busch Series driver Billy "Catfish" Parker and the #66-Duraflame Dodge, Rusty Wallace weighed in on NASCAR's fine and penalties handed down to Dale Earnhardt Jr. for intentionally spinning his car out at Bristol to get a caution flag. Wallace said "What he did by spinning that car out cost me a victory....I really think it did because I was right on that kids (Kurt Busch) quarter panel getting ready to get underneath him and.....the caution flags killed me personally but, it's done and there's nothing you can do about it. I guarantee if I would have done that I would have gotten fined probably a hundred grand and a hundred points, so in my eyes, and he knows it too he just got a token penalty. Wallace went on to say "obviously there had to be a penalty. I don't think his fans want him to do that, but if you're a Rusty supporter you're gonna support me, and if you're a Junior supporter you're gonna support him no matter what. You know the money isn't much to these big teams but when you take points that really hits home."(PRN's Garage Pass Radio Show)(4-1-2004)

redriderbob

Old 04-03-2004, 02:56 AM
Vader
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rusty thinks Dale Jr. cost him a win:

Rusty has sour grapes. Rubbin is racin. Get over it and move on, Rusty and let your driving do the talking.

Quick Reply: Rusty thinks Dale Jr. cost him a win: