Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

I Raced Myself Last Night

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 10:01 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I Raced Myself Last Night

Well, not exactly. I has sold my '88 Shelby Z to my ex-stepbrother around 2 months ago. I had the engine rebuilt and bored 30 over, Mopar Performance computer that doubles the boost, Accel Super Stock wires and a K&N filter. My SRT-4 only has the MSD Super Conductor wires on it so far. We were going out to Tee Jayee's for dinner and the street that I live on has 4 90* curves and then a nice 8/10's of a mile straight away. Well, I knew he was going to try me on the straight away, he was in front of me and I was following him. I noticed him pick up speed and then he floored it, followed by a black plum of smoke out the tailpipe from carbon which it always does. I do likewise and jump in to it. I got into the other lane and was ahead of him, his nose was at the gas cap of my car, before I shifted. After I shifted he was quite a few car lengths behind me and I was back in the right lane. I never fully got into it, I only achieved around 10 psi of boost and it puts out 14-15 psi boost max. He thougth he was gonna show me up and learned a hard SRT-4 lesson. I cannot wait to get it to the track and see how well it really runs.[sm=smiley20.gif]The funniest part was his excusses, he kept saying,"I think I did it wrong". I told him that he didn't do it wrong, he just didn't have an SRT-4 or it's power.[sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley2.gif]I hated to stomp my old car into the dirt, but he wanted it so I gave it to him.[sm=smiley36.gif]He still thinks he'll do better at the track, but by then I should have Stage 2 on and then I'll have to give him a half track head start just to beat him by only 5 car lengths.[sm=smiley36.gif]God I love my SRT-4, it's GREAT![sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley17.gif]

Old 04-04-2004, 01:30 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Default RE: I Raced Myself Last Night

VERY VERY VERY Nice... Bittersweet, though, eh? LOL! VERY AWESOME KILL!! Love that SRT-4...

~Amanda

Old 04-04-2004, 01:33 PM
Vader
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice. YOu must be dying to get on the Track with this. What are some numbers that you are expecting to see on you first trip.

Old 04-05-2004, 09:17 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

If I don't have anything done to it by then, I'm expecting mid 13's because it should be broke in by then and not be limited. If I have what I want done to it done by then, I would expect high 12's.[sm=smiley4.gif][sm=smiley17.gif]Heck, if I bolt up a set of slicks, it will turn high 12's stock.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 04-05-2004, 09:46 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

I noticed a lot of the SRT-4s at the strips are lowering their stock tires to 23-24 psi before their runs....[sm=smiley4.gif]

Old 04-06-2004, 07:09 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

Odd, most radial tires grip better with higher tire pressures and slicks grip better with lower pressures.[sm=smiley24.gif]

Old 04-07-2004, 12:41 AM
sgtruff21

Hey roadrunner what kind of turbo do you have? Do you have a standalone computer system? Just wondering?

Old 04-07-2004, 05:54 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

My SRT-4 is just about stock, I only have the MSD Super Conductor wires, MSD ignition coil and Mopar Performance BOV so far. Depending on their price, I might order the Mopar Performance exhaust the next time I go to the dealership.[sm=smiley20.gif]I'm also waiting for Stage 2 w/toys to buy.[sm=smiley2.gif]

Quick Reply: I Raced Myself Last Night