Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Been to the track yet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 02:11 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been to the track yet?

Well, I finally got out to the track today. And it was the first time I've drag raced at the track before so it was some good fun. Unfortunately there were no other neons there for me to race. I'm curious to know what other people run with theirs, mine is an 04 SXT. Most the cars there were too tricked out for my car, she's still all stock right now. I had a close race with a cavalier and a cougar which was fun. Its always fun when you're with the other car all the way down the track. Not as much fun when you get left way behind, like when i got lined up with a Charger. I couldn't hear my car! LOL. Overall good first experience racing, fun stuff, i'm sure I'll be back sometime to go again. Thought i'd share my fun.

Old 04-05-2004, 02:21 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Been to the track yet?

Sounds like a great time!! I hope to get my baby to the track finally this year...

Nonetheless, sounds like you had fun!! Thanks for sharing!!

~Amanda

Old 04-05-2004, 02:23 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Don't worry about the "other cars"...that's why they divide racing into classes. As long as you're doing good in your "class", be proud!![sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 04-05-2004, 02:05 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Yup, i don't care much. It's just more of a rush and seems like I get better times when I'm right there next to someone who runs about the same as me.

Old 04-05-2004, 04:43 PM
01neonrt
Professional

i am going to the track on the 17th, if you are around chicago or something, a lot of people are going to byron that day, i will for sure be there because my team is going and more people.

Old 04-05-2004, 11:18 PM
ne0nrick

For sure!!! If you are having fun, that's what it's all about. My neon ran a 15.80 stock except for a k and n. I was getting beat left and right but I was having a blast. All I try to do is beat my previous best. I don't even pay attention to the guy on the otherside unless it's a set up race between me and bud's.

Just have fun with it, and sooner or later, you'll get the racing bug and end up modifing this a tad and tweeking that a smiggin'. It get's more fun the faster you go so keep it up!!!

Rick

Old 04-07-2004, 02:18 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

those guys that beat you in muscle cars, then run their mouth are ********. thats the nice thing about having my RT, and my mirada. I had a guy in a mid 80s camaro tell me before we ran, "hey kid, im gonna whoop your ***." and he did. he ran a 15.80 or so, i ran a 16.30.

the next night, i came back, with the mirada, and i have the same driver number on both cars, so i walked over calmly, and said, wanna run again? he said yes. i ran a 13.09..he ran another 15.80 or so. kind of like having big brother stick up for the little RT..

Old 04-07-2004, 05:58 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know what you mean on that one.[sm=smiley20.gif] But now my daily driver is almost as quick/fast as my fun car.[sm=smiley5.gif][sm=smiley17.gif]

Old 04-09-2004, 12:31 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well, i took a long hard look at an 04 srt last week, and i drove it, without dealer supervision..

i dont know..i owe too much on the RT right now, and im not sure i can come to grips with 4 doors.

Old 04-09-2004, 01:14 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Sell the RT, lease the SRT-4...as for the four doors, do like 71RoadRunner did and get a BLACK car. Covers up the "lines" very well. My salesman told me 4 door sports cars are the "in thing" now...I don't know....But, remember, why just impress 1 other person in the front seat when you can EASILY impress/scare/freak-out/make Christians out of the people that enter via the 4 doors????
[sm=smiley4.gif][sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley4.gif]

Quick Reply: Been to the track yet?