Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Raced a Cavalier

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 03:31 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Raced a Cavalier

Well, I was headed home from house and dog sitting for my Mom. I was on I-10 going about 80 mph. All of a sudden this blue riced out Cavalier coupe (probably 03-04) flies by me. He must have been doing 110+ mph. Really stupid at 9 PM on I-10 outside of Tally. Well I get to my exit, and what do ya know, his crazy speed didn't get him anywhere, as we were both stopped at the light. Well, he takes off but not that fast. I decided to follow him and see if I can get him some where, where there isn't much traffic.

He looks like he is headed to Tennessee street and he was. We pull up to the stop light and there is basically no traffic. Clear all the way. I went to pull up bext to him and a red SRT-4 pulls in instead. The Cav revs at the SRT-4. I'm thinking to myself, "Does this idiot think he has a shot?" They both get great starts but of course the SRT-4 beats the crap out of him.

I decide I want my shot. I know our power is about equal. I think Cavs have like maybe 6-10 more horses than Neons and the coupes weight about the same two.

I get a great start and his was bad this time. By the time I hit 2nd, I had more than a good car length on him. He started to catch up, but my shifts were near perfect. By 3rd, I still had him by a little less than a full length. Into fourth I had him, all the way to about 100-105 mph, before he gave up. He maybe got up to half a length at one time. He almost had me, but I pulled it off.

Old 11-08-2005, 02:51 PM
whyte69
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Raced a Cavalier

Nice Kill. I suggest setting up a few more performance mods on your car, it'll make those kills a lot easier, and more humiliating for the other guy. *awww man, got beat by ANOTHER neon?*

Old 11-09-2005, 03:31 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Nice. I race more cavaliers then I do anything else.

Old 11-11-2005, 12:49 AM
2.4neon

I hate Cavs. My D.E Car is one and it sucks ***. No wonder ya won! Horsepower aside, its Chev Vs. Dodge.

Quick Reply: Raced a Cavalier