Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

sad sad day.

Old 04-13-2004, 03:13 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default sad sad day.

So i gained access to a new chevy SS silverado today. i would rather not say how because i once mentioned it in another forum and everyone freaked out, but anyway...

as im driving said chevy, i stop at a red light, and i suddenly hear this loud revving, and it was a new hemi ram, with the "hemi" and flame lettering on the bed, with an older guy driving it, he smiles, and leans across the truck and pushes a hat agaisnt the glass that read: "MY HEMI EATS FORDS AND **** CHEVYS", and he goes back to revving his engine, so i revved back, and the truck i was in has custom pipes. he begins easing up bit by bit as the cross traffic goes away, so i do the same. when the light came down, well, lets just say that i didnt get a chance to see if he had cutom exhaust, because i never saw the rear of the truck.

i love dodges, i dont like chevys, and i HATE fords, but i must say i was very displeased with this guys actions, and lack of driving abiliy. i felt i had to hand this guy an *** whooping becaue he was screwing with me, but i thought the ram would give a better fight.

Old 04-13-2004, 11:11 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: sad sad day.

Yeah. Let me finish the story. The alarm sounded, you woke up holding what you dreamt was a shifter in your hand, and realized you were a closet chebbie geek. [sm=smiley36.gif]

What ram was it? A Quad Cab, 4x4?

Old 04-14-2004, 02:06 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it was a normal cab, short bed, looked fairly plain other than the hemi flame logo. 20s.

i think i heard bimmerbob tell you how i came to get a chance to drive it, and honestly, youd be surprised how many requests i get from people, similar to that, with new cars. ive had a similar thing with an M5. no racing in that though...i dont care if i break someones chevy, but a bimmer, well you know...too rich for my blood.

Old 04-14-2004, 10:52 AM
moparturd
Banned

Yeah. He said it was raining too. That would give the SS a huge advantage. How bad did you beat him?

I was just looking at an article between a 03 SS and a 03 Hemi Ram. Using a HP calculator and the 1/4 mi. times/vehicle weight they got, the chebbie has about 40HP on the Ram. Looks like GM still sends the tweeked rides for testing by magazines.

That, and the Chebbie is 13K more than the Ram. Oh well. I guess I'll just wait to line up with one at a light.

Old 04-15-2004, 01:39 AM
Vader
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen on some other sights that the Silverado 6.0 is doing quiet well, this does not suprise me.

Old 04-15-2004, 11:02 AM
moparturd
Banned

That chebbie with AWD, 4.10 gears, and the 6.0L better be doing well. [sm=smiley7.gif]

Old 04-21-2004, 06:55 PM
FordDriver

I'd love to pull up next to a guy who told me that. I have yet to see a hemi that will keep up with me on the street(although i am sure they exist).

Old 04-21-2004, 08:44 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

...Rest assured, they do!!![sm=smiley5.gif]

Old 04-21-2004, 09:36 PM
FordDriver

I'm not denying it dustyloins. I ran one one at the track that beat me with a 50 shot, it would have been close without it i think, he only beat me by 3 tenths and it was a s/b s/c with 3.92 gears. Haven't found any on the street yet to keep up though, i been looking too!

Old 04-21-2004, 09:59 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

I think it's an unwritten law of nature..."if there is a faster car/truck than yours out there, it WILL find you"...or words to that effect...[sm=smiley4.gif]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: sad sad day.