Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Stang 5.0 GT w/n2o vs Ram 5.9 w/sc (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 03:56 PM
Mighty Rooster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stang 5.0 GT w/n2o vs Ram 5.9 w/sc (vid)

I like the term 'deep 12s'. Don't want to show my hand too early, I could win a Coke or something from some unsuspecting opponent! I prefer road racing more than straight line so the suspension is much more tuned for that than getting off the line. I have still managed 1.9s in the 60ft but certainly no rocket out of the hole.

Old 11-18-2005, 07:15 PM
QuickSilver05
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey nice run! Any pickup truck that can run in the 12s should get some respect! [8D]

That Mustang must have been screwed up some how. I have seen videos of V6 Mustangs that run that fast on the bottle.

Old 11-19-2005, 09:15 AM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was later in the day so I vote his bottle was low or near empty & he purged for show.

Thanks QuickSilver05, I thought 12s were respectable also. I dont think the GT did. He tried pulling a ricer flyby almost interfering with me in the turnaround even though he was 15-20 lengths back threw the traps.

I figured you were down there Rooster but didnt want to assume lol.

That video won me a $100 bet. Back in spring I mentioned to some guys at work I would be installing a Procharger this year and would have 12s by seasons end. One of the smack talkers says Dodge sucks you wont do it. I told him to put his money where his big mouth is. All year it was better hurry up seasons almost over, then better pay up. LMAO I suckered him 2 weeks earlier by telling him how bad it ran at the track first time out and I probably wouldnt make it. I didnt mention that running as bad as it did it had 104mph traps. I knew 12s were there. Look on his face was priceless when I showed the crew the vid on my laptop telling him he should bet on things he knows about cause its obvious he knows dick about performance.

Old 11-19-2005, 01:17 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thats awesome RM...

Quick Reply: Stang 5.0 GT w/n2o vs Ram 5.9 w/sc (vid)