Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

06' 300C SRT-8 vs. 69' Roadrunner

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 11:24 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 06' 300C SRT-8 vs. 69' Roadrunner

Excellent post Big Asp, that really nailed it on the head.

I would like to add though is this. The RoadRunner is outweighed by the SRT-8 300C by about 700lbs. It also has basically the last 35 yrs worth of engineering put into it. I mean, this car is basically a knockoff Mercedes with a bit of Chrysler/Dodge thrown into it. Which is a good thing for DCX. Mercedes cars have always been a good performance vehicle. Especially their higher end models.

The article states how this car could be better then most of the muscle cars of the 60's & 70's cuz of its ability to run low 13's high 12's. The reality of it is though, that this car is built with twice the available features of cars from 30 yrs ago. Traction control, fuel injection, all kinds of computer help and a much better build. They also mention that the RoadRunner isnt stock....and the SRT-8 is????? That's a load of B.S. and I'm calling it there. The 6.1L engine is their high end performance engine, and not to mention, it's got its own precision tuned tranny to handle this power. This isnt a run of the mill engine...and in the 69 RR, that engine would have been an everyday motor. Also, if you think a factory stock setup would work on a motor of this size and power you are insane. Most of what's on that motor is a "factory" product, but let's be honest here, 30 yrs ago, they'd have called the SRT-8 "highly modified"

This is a really good comparison of two high end performance vehicles. I still would rather have the RoadRunner. The 300C is nice, but if I truly wanted a high end luxury vehicle that performed, I wouldnt buy the SRT-8. I'd be buying a Mercedes or BMW

The SRT-8 is still a heck of a machine, and you could probably get it cheaper then you could a comparable Mercedes/BMW. That said, if you had the money, would you even care?

Old 11-22-2005, 01:59 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the SRT8, in my brief driving experience with it, was one of the few cars, if not the only car, that ive been in which was made by an american wing of DCX that comes anywhere close the 92 5 series that i frequently drove when i was in pa.

Old 11-22-2005, 09:52 PM
clemson725
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldnt take 2 srt-8s for that roadrunner. And the magazine quotes on 1/4 mile times is a good guage, but not always accurate. Some correct to ideal conditions and some dont. Track conditions play a big role in it too. I believe its car and driver that always show their 1/4 mile test on tv on an old tar and gravel country backroad. And lastly the driver has a lot to do with it as well as tire size and compound. According to motorcycle magizines they usually quote the 1/4 mile times for bikes up to a full second lower than most can manage on the strip because the motorcycle magazine writers are very good riders. With cars its not as big of a gap because all you worry about is tire spin and the throttle isnt as touchy. So i guess if a magazine claims a 13.5 E.T. you can really expect anything from a 13.1-14.0.

Quick Reply: 06' 300C SRT-8 vs. 69' Roadrunner