Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

I got picked on 3 times today and I'm...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 10:52 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I got picked on 3 times today and I'm...

ORIGINAL: clemson725

You just admitted they didnt try. Why are you bragging. Not all people want to race. Like i said in a post earlier today. You can "kill" me when i'm my R1 if i'm not trying, but if i am trying you'd better not blink.
Whoopty do. You can beat cars with a bike. Good job. Thats like racing a car thats not racing in a sense.

Old 12-15-2005, 11:13 PM
Thecrossfirekid
Rookie

Yeah, a bike vs car isn't exactly the same as car vs car. no matter the number of cylinders. And what would you rather be doing 100+ mph in, a bike or car? At least you have a chance in a car crash. A bike accident at those speeds will rip your limbs off

Old 12-16-2005, 02:02 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That's why I HATE bikes...

Old 12-16-2005, 06:26 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Thecrossfirekid

ORIGINAL: QuickSilver05

The only problem is that a Crossfire in stock trim is not a very fast car. The 6spd ones are a little quicker if you know how to drive well. Of corse, you could just add a SC, and then WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
ha, when you find a legit and proven aftermarket set up lmk. You have a better chance finding gas for under $1 a gallon here in good old usa. There is next to nothing aftermarket, unless you go through brabus, renntech or kleeman, and the money they charge I'd buy a new z06. No one even makes a CAI for the car. Everything has to be basically custom made. There are aftermarket exhausts, brakes, lowering, and chips. Thats about it. And you can't take the s/c of a srt-6 cause there's more to it, and you'd have to find a mb dealer that could tune it properly. With srt-6's as low as 32k new your better just buying a srt than to mod a reg crossfire.
That's what happens when you get a restyled and rebadged Mercedes, parts and mods are hard to come by and very expensive when you do.

Old 01-17-2006, 11:24 PM
Caprice SS

Watch out for some of those Caprices, especially if you run into one with the dual exhaust setup. That means it has the bigger, LT1 engine. If modded correctly, they're pretty quick.

Nice kills though!

Old 01-18-2006, 12:22 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks to be quite a bit of work done to that caprice engine...whats it run?

Old 01-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Caprice SS

Eh, it's slow compared to a lot of you guys. Since it has a Jasper engine, it has the stock internals, except that it's been punched out 0.040 over.

Old 01-18-2006, 11:10 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

im not trying to give you a hard time..i was actually interested. you have a very nice webpage. is the gun metal impala yours as well? a friend of mine back home bought an older ohio state police caprice and cleaned it up, and it hauled pretty good.

Old 01-18-2006, 03:37 PM
Caprice SS

Oh, I didn't take it that way, and I appreciate the compliment and interest. The Impala SS belongs to my girlfriend. Although the Caprice line came in many colors, the Impala SS came in only one the first year...BBB (Bad Boy Black). Then for the other two years, they offered DCM (Dark Cherry Metallic) and DGGM (Dark Green Grey Metallic). Her's is the last one. But my car is just a little bit faster. She hates that.

The State Police vehicle your buddy bought was probably an LT1 (5.7L). Some police cruisers had the L99 (4.3L) engine, like mine had (although it wasn't a police car originally). The 4.3L was a V8, not the 4.3L V6 that came in the trucks, and externally it looks identical to the LT1.

Sorry to the thread starter, didn't mean to threadjack. To make this related to the original post, a stock, unmodded Caprice or Impala SS will usually run in the low 15's or high 14's.

Old 01-18-2006, 04:13 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

his was indeed an LT1..i pissed around with it a few times..he had headers, and gears...i think that was all...

Quick Reply: I got picked on 3 times today and I'm...