Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

I got picked on 3 times today and I'm...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 10:14 PM
Thecrossfirekid
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got picked on 3 times today and I'm...

I am actually glad to get picked on!!!! People in the weirdest of cars tried picking on me today, and last night I got to eat rice. MMMMMM.... Well last night, coming home from work at 11:00 pm I ran across a little civic. Played cat and mouse for a few miles, at 65 (10 over the limit) then I would punch it to around 100. and then finally, I caught a red light. Well I thought for sure, the speeds and how long we played back and forth for that he was dying to catch a lite. This car had full body kit, rims, fart can, decals, tint, and UNDERGLOW. Looked like a silver christmas tree going down the road. anyways, i rev up a little, and i hear the fart can, thinking he's doing the same, and hoping he ain't turbo'd. I guess he saw enough playing cat and mouse that he couldn't hang, and he didn't even try. I took of hard anyways, got far enough down the road that i had time to do a u-turn (through a median) and go by in the other direction. Now today! On my way back from lunch going to work I ran into a little silverado. I was doing 10 over like always, and this old *** hillbilly looking dude flies by in his truck, had it been a hemi, it would be part acceptable. But a chevy? Needless to say he flew by and I decided this can't happen. So I punched it from about 40 all the way to around 75 to catch up to him. Then when i did, i stayed by his side, inched forward slowly, and when I hit the open stretch with no cops, it was bye bye chevy. And just now coming home from work I had an old chevy caprice and 01+ stratus rt playing around trying to challange me on the same road as the truck and civic. Well after folllowing them for like two miles at like 90mph (limit 65) I decided enough of follow the leader and pulled along side. Before I knew it there I was at a red light lined up on the end with caprice next to me and the stratus on the far left. Wow, they either didn't try, saw they got killed off the line and gave up, or got their asses handed to them hardcore.

Either way, all summer me an my buddy drove around and could never get anyone to run or mess around with us. Now in the middle of winter at below freezing temps, the kids want to play. Had there been any snow or ice left, i probably wouldn't of ran, with rear wheel, and the worst traction tires for cold weather, or it would have been a little different, bad enough that the tires wouldn't hook up until i shifted to fourth at like 65-70 mph. But I'm happy. Nothing like eating chevy crap, or cold rice. And unfortunately, I had to pick on a little cousin (stratus). But it must of been confused, it had a fart can. Must of been adopted, cause this is an american made family Maybe his whooping he got will put him in place, and he'll loose the fart can.

Old 12-14-2005, 12:38 AM
metalkid88
Professional
Default RE: I got picked on 3 times today and I'm...

haha nice....what do u drive?

Old 12-14-2005, 01:15 AM
Thecrossfirekid
Rookie

ORIGINAL: metalkid88

haha nice....what do u drive?
I drive a 05 crossfire, hence "thecrossfirekid" and I would say I wish I ran into more little kids like these, but being 20, I kind of still fall in the "kid" category myself. And a lot of people assume, mommy and daddy pay for my ride, but its far from true. Just shows that hard work pays off

Old 12-14-2005, 01:26 AM
clemson725
Professional

You just admitted they didnt try. Why are you bragging. Not all people want to race. Like i said in a post earlier today. You can "kill" me when i'm my R1 if i'm not trying, but if i am trying you'd better not blink.

Old 12-14-2005, 01:39 AM
Thecrossfirekid
Rookie

I can't prove they did, and I can't prove they didn't. But why play cat and mouse, at high speeds, but not race? Maybe the fact I pulled easily on them or let them go ahead and then caught them real quick and they knew they would just get beat so they didn't try. Hell I unfortunately and fortunately ran into a viper srt on the road. Did I rev at him, hell yeah, did I get my *** whooped? Damn straight. Was it worth it? I'd do it again over and over. Why? Just to see a car like that driven the way it should. I can't stand seeing vipers on the highway in the far right lane doing the exact speed on smooth open roads. Open that bad boy up. That's like having a D**K and not using it, its just a waste. So maybe they just wanted to see me drive the car the way it should? But all 4 what?? I drive my car the way it should all the time. If I wanted to stay in one lane doing the speed limit I would of bought a minivan. hmm... seems like they obviously tried when they did the ricer flyby, as I was going 10 over the speed limit already on a 55mph road. They must have been doing at least 70, for how fast they went by, which got my attention from all of them. Hard to not see headlights or a car come flying up from behind.

Old 12-14-2005, 01:52 AM
clemson725
Professional

Maybe, maybe not. Who knows. I'm not buying that anyone creams their pants over seeing a crossfire running wide open. I'd like to see a viper run wide open, but i wouldnt be jumping at him unless i was on one of my bikes. Thats the only thing i got that can keep up with, or in my case, beat a viper. I think maybe you're looking for races that arent there though. You just have the fever. If you have any local drag strips around, maybe 1/8 mile strips, you and some of your friends should try to rent it out one day in the off season. That way you'll have timers, lights, a safe track, and you can be assured the person beside you is really racing you.

Old 12-14-2005, 01:56 AM
Thecrossfirekid
Rookie

Well, where I live, all the lil ricers do their lil flyby, and usually want to race. And believe it or not, a lot of people at least around here don't know what the crossfire is, and it doesn't exactly blend in as an every day car.

Old 12-15-2005, 02:59 PM
QuickSilver05
Veteran

The only problem is that a Crossfire in stock trim is not a very fast car. The 6spd ones are a little quicker if you know how to drive well. Of corse, you could just add a SC, and then WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Old 12-15-2005, 09:39 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's faster than my Neon!

Old 12-15-2005, 10:09 PM
Thecrossfirekid
Rookie

ORIGINAL: QuickSilver05

The only problem is that a Crossfire in stock trim is not a very fast car. The 6spd ones are a little quicker if you know how to drive well. Of corse, you could just add a SC, and then WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
ha, when you find a legit and proven aftermarket set up lmk. You have a better chance finding gas for under $1 a gallon here in good old usa. There is next to nothing aftermarket, unless you go through brabus, renntech or kleeman, and the money they charge I'd buy a new z06. No one even makes a CAI for the car. Everything has to be basically custom made. There are aftermarket exhausts, brakes, lowering, and chips. Thats about it. And you can't take the s/c of a srt-6 cause there's more to it, and you'd have to find a mb dealer that could tune it properly. With srt-6's as low as 32k new your better just buying a srt than to mod a reg crossfire.

Quick Reply: I got picked on 3 times today and I'm...