Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Tony Stewart and Mopar?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 01:06 AM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tony Stewart and Mopar?

I thought I would bring an intresting point to the NASCAR forum here... how many people knew that Tony Stewart and Mopar have a racing connection?

Well it's true. Tony Stewart owns the World of Outlaw team of Danny Lasoski, which is sponser by Mopar.

Sure it may be only four races into the 2003 O’Reilly Auto Parts World of Outlaws season, but if the first four races are any indication, then the other competitors may be in trouble, because Danny “The Dude” Lasoski and his #20 J.D. Byrider / Home Depot / Tony Stewart Racing Enterprises are on a roll. Lasoski is using his new Mopar engines to help power him to the early point lead after finishing in the top 10 four-straight times, as well as an “A” feature win (the 51st of his career) and two fast qualifier awards.

“We are really excited about Mopar engines. They have been the key to our early season success,” said Lasoski from his team’s Dover, Missouri headquarters. “All of the guys at Mopar have treated us really well. We are all really happy with our team’s performance thus far. Paul Kistler (engine builder) has put forth a great effort with these engines. He never built Mopar engines before. He is doing a lot, working with the main Mopar people. It has turned out really well. The transition has been smooth.”

In addition to the success in the Outlaw Series, Lasoski competed in the season’s first IROC race, finishing third at Daytona International Speedway during Speedweeks.

Lasoski is also taking team owner Tony Stewart’s Winston Cup sponsor Home Depot along for the ride, as they have become a co-primary sponsor with J.D. Byrider.

“All of my sponsors: JD Byrider, Home Depot, Mopar, American Compressed Steel, Massey Motorsports, Hoosier Tire and Eagle Chassis, make my job a lot easier. They give us all the resources we need to be successful and the best.”

While in Florida for the IROC race, the team also competed at both East Bay Raceway and Volusia Speedway Park with the All Star series as part of the Speedweeks festivities. “The Dude” picked up the checkered flag twice at East Bay.

“We really just go to Florida to get ready for the Outlaw season,” added Lasoski. “Especially this year, with changing to Mopar, we wanted to know what we were in store for. We still had a few things to come up with since we put the new motor in, balance and things like that, so that is why we wanted to go down to Florida and be ready to go when the Outlaw season started. It also gives the guys on the crew a little vacation and the fun of racing without the pressure of points.”

Despite the changes in engine manufactures and the new sponsors, Lasoski said that the goals for 2003 are no different than before.

“My goals never change from year to year. The Knoxville Nationals are very, very, very, very, very important to me. The O’Reilly Auto Parts World of Outlaws Championship is also very important. But for me, it is all about winning. Just winning! I am the world’s worst loser. Being in contention to win each and every week is very important to me. My guys give me that opportunity, so that is all I can ask for. The rest is up to me.”

At the Knoxville Raceway Danny is a seven-time champion, and the winningest driver in the history of the raceway with 73 feature victories.

1998 and 2001 Amoco Knoxville Nationals Champion

Knoxville Nationals Runner-up in 1992 & 1999, 3rd place 2000

Danny is also on the Board of Director’s for the Michael Ross Memorial Foundation, which raises money for a handicap children’s camp in Big Bay, Michigan. The Michael Ross Memorial Golf Tournament has raised $80,000 in the past three years that the tournament has been held in Sedalia, Missouri.

Mopar.com

redriderbob

Old 04-24-2004, 01:13 AM
redriderbob
Banned
Default RE: Tony Stewart and Mopar?

Tony also owns this Mopar USAC Car was well...

USAC National Midget Car Series

Team: Tony Stewart Racing Enterprises
Owner: Tony Stewart
Crew Chief: Jake Argo
Engine Builder: Gary Stanton
Web Site: www.moparspeed.com, www.mopar.com
SPEED FACTS · First season with Team Mopar.
· Won the 2003 Belleville Midget Nationals in a Dino Tomassi-owned Mopar.
· Has eight career USAC National/Western States Midget Series wins to date.
· Won the 2003 Ventura Racing Association non-winged 360 Sprint Car Nationals, which earned him a $30,000 purse.
· Won his first 410 Sprint Car Feature event at Perris Auto Speedway in 2003.
· Won the 2001 USAC Western States Midget Series “Most Improved Driver” award.
· Won the 1999 USAC National TQ Midget Championship.

Mopar.com

redriderbob

Old 04-24-2004, 03:08 AM
Vader
Champion

That was some good reading, Thanks Bob.

Old 04-26-2004, 09:45 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah. That relationship goes back a while, maybe 2 years or so. You should see the block they use in that midget. Pretty nice piece.

Old 04-27-2004, 12:08 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Another piece of knowledge to chaulk up to D.F.!!!![sm=smiley5.gif]

Quick Reply: Tony Stewart and Mopar?