Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.
View Poll Results: A poll
Dodge
33.33%
Chevy
60.00%
Ford
6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

What make will win the 500?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Duffs302
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What make will win the 500?

ORIGINAL: chrysler/dodge dude

Wouldn't it be awesome though if a Dodge did win?? Despite their problems, they some how managed to come home with the Daytona 500 shocking the world!! That would be awesome. I still think a Chevy will win though[:@] By the way, I too am a Newman fan...big time!!! Go Newman this year...win the cup bro!!
Dodge did win in 02 with Ward Burton in the 22 Cat car.

Old 02-10-2006, 06:49 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

eh...its all rigged for GM anyway

Old 02-11-2006, 02:42 AM
Duffs302
Rookie

Chevy has it good but Ford with the new car mite do it.

Old 02-11-2006, 04:02 AM
stantheman
Professional

i wouldnt look for evernham anything to be up front, not unil they get the whole crew thing settled. i like kahne and all but he trys to make too many right turns . talk about sophmore jinx damn. i do hope he doesnt hit as many walls this year and they get their stuff figured out. i drive a dodge and was brought up a chevy man until i bought my first dodge, but rousch is gonna be unstopable. look out for stewart, hendricks and rousch.

Old 02-13-2006, 12:56 PM
40intrepid
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Badstratrt, Chevy has all the advantages, did you notice thats a GM car on the Trophy?

I'm not holding up much hope for Dodge this year, if the Bud shootout was any indication.
At least three Dodges led the race, but couldnt stay upfront.

WHY did NASCAR let Chevy and Ford have new cars when they wont even let Dodge try a new nose?!? I'm convinced that there realy is something to a NASCAR conspiracy to hold down the Dodge teams, and the teams know it to. Thats why some Dodge teams are going to Toyota.[:@]

Old 02-13-2006, 07:28 PM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Dodge teams need to be running the Intrepid noses until NASCAR allows them to run a new front end. One thing looks certain and that is DCX won't change the bottom feeder front end on the Charger. Newman has the best chance of the Dodges of getting to the front but he won't have any help to stay there. So it'll be a Chevy win and likely Johnson Stewart or Gordon. TOO bad the Dodges can't run the Hemi. Oh the good ole days. Run what ya brung, put your right foot down and see who's got the most *****!

Old 02-15-2006, 01:21 PM
BTurk
Professional

Like Chase, I'm a Dodge guy, you'll see me rooting for Ryan Newman and Kasey Kahne all year long, it's going to take me a while to get used to Kurt Busch driving the 2 car, always thought he was a weenie, and then he ends up in Rusty's car. I'm willing to forgive and forget but it will take time...

Meantime, I'm looking for Newman to finally nail down the whole consistency thing and win the Cup this year, but the Charger just does not perform well at restrictor plate tracks...

2006 Daytona 500
1st: Tony Stewart
2nd: Greg Biffle
3rd: Little E

Old 02-15-2006, 03:11 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: 40intrepid

WHY did NASCAR let Chevy and Ford have new cars when they wont even let Dodge try a new nose?!? I'm convinced that there realy is something to a NASCAR conspiracy to hold down the Dodge teams, and the teams know it to. Thats why some Dodge teams are going to Toyota.[:@]
Chevy really didnt get a "new" car. It was redesigned, but it had been in the works for a while. Ford went to a whole NEW car as they had been running that Taurus for about 10 years or so.... Dodge has had 2 cars in the last 5 years....so that may have something to do with it.

It also might just have to do with the aero on the Charger sucking ***.....

Old 02-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: deranged

Newman has the best chance of the Dodges of getting to the front but he won't have any help to stay there.
He won't? He's gonna have his team mate Kurt Busch in the #2 car... Unlike before, this time he'll have a teammate that wants to work with him... instead of one who thinks he is the king of the world and demands respect and track position given to him... because he is a vet...

Quick Reply: What make will win the 500?