Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

i know..

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 04:54 AM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: i know..

ORIGINAL: TRUCK

A perfect example of what you said BadStrat:

The caution came out for Gordon and Stewart(GM) but not when Mayfield hit the wall. They kept the green out while Mayfield(Dodge) had to Pit to correct his wreck of a car, thanks to Mike Wallace. The wreck ended up putting him 5 down. 19 was never able to "right" the car and remains several laps down. Had the caution came out, JM may still be in this race. Disgusting.

Some of my favorite drivers are in GM's but the favoritism is obvious.

The first caution of the race was for a chevy brushing the wall also if you recall. The chevy bias has been evident since the sixties so I've just gotten accustomed to it through the years. If I were a driver and could choose my ride I would probably be going to the make that gets the break. Also if I were a Chevy car owner I'd probably have a better selection of prospects as well. Not knocking any drivers here just my opinion.

Old 02-20-2006, 05:29 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

Check the Daytona 500 results thread... You'll see I was blaming Mears... I wasn't blaming the caution... but the BS caution DID ruin any chance of him getting 2ND, because right as the caution came out is when Mears had 1 fricken inch on Newman...

Dude I've seen so many BS cautions, and "Non" penalties... I just don't know what to believe anymore... I know you love the Chevy's in NASCAR... So it doesn't matter to you... But we see it... And yeah, it's not neccisarily Gm that we are talking about, it's the "Golden Boys" that NASCAR "looks out for"...

BTW Newman is the most consistant driver Dodge has... Has always finished in the top 10 in standings, DESPITE never having a good team mate, until this year...

Tony/Kenseth and the ending caution should give you a good idea of what we are speaking of...

Why wasn't Jimmie's car taken away like Jamie's before him? Boy NASCAR loves Hendrick...
Oh, I definitely agree that the caution screwed him outta 2nd. That is totally true. I dont love the Chevy's, I just happen to root for Gordon and he drives a Chevy, it wouldnt matter what he drove. I've seen several drivers get screwed, and I think what happened today was a crock. Also, it IS GM you are talking about because the fact is....most of the "golden boys" you talk about are Chevy drivers....

Newman is a helluva talent and he is the absolute best Dodge driver they have. Hands down. Kurt Busch was a good signing for them, but he has the cup championship. He won consistently in a Ford.

Also, the no caution on McMurray I think was a result of him being able to go from wrecking to the pit row so fast.....its not right...and it did hurt him....but I also think thats why it didnt happen.

One final note, and I know this one will raise hell. GM has kept NASCAR a float on its own for many a year. Whine and moan all you like....but once Dodge left NASCAR.....it was all GM. I'm talking the cars, not the fans. The fans carried the sport period. You take away the Buicks/Pontiacs/Chevy from the NASCAR and all you'd have had is Ford. So yeah, there's probably alot of favortism to GM. 20 years of it.

Its not right, but thats how sh*t is.

Old 02-20-2006, 05:52 AM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm easily confused I guess, so you argue that Chevy doesn't get the nod and then turn around and say they do and it's because they carried NASCAR for 20 years? Man that's some messed up logic there. Let's see Dodge left NASCAR because first they banned a legal by NASCAR rules body and then a few years later a legal engine to keep Chevy competetive, but the favoritism only started AFTER Dodge left NASCAR and GM through their benevolence began carrying NASCAR? Oh, yeah I see the logic now!

Old 02-20-2006, 07:22 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't forget about the fact they they didn't like how aerodynamic the Intrepid was...

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

Oh, I definitely agree that the caution screwed him outta 2nd. That is totally true. I dont love the Chevy's, I just happen to root for Gordon and he drives a Chevy, it wouldnt matter what he drove. I've seen several drivers get screwed, and I think what happened today was a crock. Also, it IS GM you are talking about because the fact is....most of the "golden boys" you talk about are Chevy drivers....

Newman is a helluva talent and he is the absolute best Dodge driver they have. Hands down. Kurt Busch was a good signing for them, but he has the cup championship. He won consistently in a Ford.

Also, the no caution on McMurray I think was a result of him being able to go from wrecking to the pit row so fast.....its not right...and it did hurt him....but I also think thats why it didnt happen.

One final note, and I know this one will raise hell. GM has kept NASCAR a float on its own for many a year. Whine and moan all you like....but once Dodge left NASCAR.....it was all GM. I'm talking the cars, not the fans. The fans carried the sport period. You take away the Buicks/Pontiacs/Chevy from the NASCAR and all you'd have had is Ford. So yeah, there's probably alot of favortism to GM. 20 years of it.

Its not right, but thats how sh*t is.
Exactly GM=golden boys, lol...

Busch always had good team mates to help him out... Newman has done it by himself until this year... No more Crusty Wallace, welcome new improved, niver Kurt Busch. You'll see the #12 in the top 5 when we get to Homestead, hopefully higher.

About your final note... If NASCAR didn't decided to ban our body styles and engines, it would have been Mopar that kept NASCAR a float for all those years... It's hard to win, when the association that you race in, doesn't want you to win.

Old 02-20-2006, 10:02 AM
GreyGhost
All Star

BTW Newman is the most consistant driver Dodge has... Has always finished in the top 10 in standings, DESPITE never having a good team mate, until this year...
Midnightblue,
The one stat that got Mayfield into the chase last year was his finish percentage. I think his average finish position (per race) was 14th for the whole season. May not sound like alot on paper but average that for the whole season and that's pretty damn impressive. I believe seeing on jayski.com a few months ago that his finish average was tops. Newman won more races than Mayfield though. I'm not arguing who the best Dodge driver is out there, this was just a stat from finish average. That's pretty consistent!

Old 02-20-2006, 11:42 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

About your final note... If NASCAR didn't decided to ban our body styles and engines, it would have been Mopar that kept NASCAR a float for all those years... It's hard to win, when the association that you race in, doesn't want you to win.
Different times man, different times. Your talking 20 years ago when most cars were still mostly "stock" cars. I think even then NASCAR was wanting to go the route of where they are now. I dont know that Dodge would have kept them afloat....because quite frankly, they lost the most I think when that gas idiocy came around. They lost a lot of good cars to that.

Old 03-07-2006, 12:21 PM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

im not arguein about the danger of some peoples driving. but the original post said something about 'turning nascar into rock em sock em'..... what do you mean 'turn it into'??? thats what NASCAR WAS when it first started!! thats what makes people love it so much.

once i think about it i wont even argue that NASCAR favors GM or not cuz i guess they do a bit. but aggressive drivers like Tony Stewart and Kevin Harvick (and even Greg Biffle occasionally) are exactly what NASCAR needs more of. they wont spin someone out if that person has a faster car, but if theres a slower car trying to block them, around they go!! thats what makes most of us in NASCAR country (NC) love racin so much.

just my two cents, i guess most of yall disagree

Old 03-07-2006, 02:52 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

its supposed to be about driving skill...not about who is the best at wrecking people...

how many times did richard petty have to wreck someone to win? its the only way most of the "young guns" are competitive...

Old 03-07-2006, 03:31 PM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

dont get me wrong- im against wrecking someone for no reason. but last lap, in second place.... spin the guy out. thats how so many legends got their start. heck Dale Earnhardt did that throughout his entire career. and hes often called the best driver in NASCAR. (definately not tryin to start an arguement about whether he is or not).

last year i went to the All-Star race here in charlotte- in the qualifying race right before the real All Star Race (the rookie and/or non previous winners race for a spot in the All Star race) Brian Vickers had been runnin in second most the night but he wantd the win so bad he spun somebody out (forget who) coming out of turn 4 of the final lap to get in the race. i still dont like vickers but that got my respect for him. its all about winning. second place is nothing. (unless you get into points.) these point systems have taken away from the original idea of NASCAR- to be able to go to every track and win every time. placing in the money used to be top three- now its everybody, and if you talk to a fifth place driver today hes happy with his run because it got him points. the way it used to be (and in my humble opinion still should be) is that the fifth place guy is upset because he got no money for the race and it just inspires him to do better the next time.

o well. no matter how the racing goes ill appreciate 750+ hp and 200mph+ cars anyday.

Quick Reply: i know..