Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

i know..

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 07:58 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default i know..

that GM is obviously the chosen brand of nascar, but it really is getting RIDICULOUS how the nascar officials constantly go out of their way to powder the bottoms of the chevy dirtballs like phony stewart..mind you, i dont like matt kenseth...i mean, i REALLY dont like him..but phony went out of his way to wreck the 17 car...luckily, as he came back across the track no one else was gathered but sooner or later the "days of thunder" like antics of phony, the 48, and 29 car is going to hurt/kill someone...and what does nascar do? they make him go to the back of the field...for INTENTIONALLY CAUSING A WRECK...so kenseth, obvioulsy pissed off, for a GOOD reason, bumps phony as they come out of the pits...so they make him do a drive through...THEN, that wasnt "good enough" for them, so they knock him back a lap...

it is awful that nascar pampers the GM douchebags the way that they do, and sooner or later one of these ******** who drive like this, because nascar lets them, is going to hurt someone...and this is a fine example of why i have a hard time following nascar..because it has turned into rock'em sock'em race cars...[:@]

Old 02-19-2006, 08:04 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: i know..

I've never liked Tony Stewart.....and I personally think he should have been black flagged out of the race. Personally, I dont think its them babying GM. I think they should attack everyone that does any of this and yank em off the track.

Dodge is too new to the racing again so they arent getting the slack, and Ford has a new car this year....so again...they arent getting the benefits of GM.

Old 02-19-2006, 08:16 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

but this went on alot last year...especially with the 20, 29, and 48 cars...

Old 02-19-2006, 08:55 PM
GreyGhost
All Star

A perfect example of what you said BadStrat:

The caution came out for Gordon and Stewart(GM) but not when Mayfield hit the wall. They kept the green out while Mayfield(Dodge) had to Pit to correct his wreck of a car, thanks to Mike Wallace. The wreck ended up putting him 5 down. 19 was never able to "right" the car and remains several laps down. Had the caution came out, JM may still be in this race. Disgusting.

Some of my favorite drivers are in GM's but the favoritism is obvious.

Old 02-19-2006, 09:22 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

and is anyone else *shocked* to see that the car that was caught with illegal parts won?

they should change the name from NASCAR to "we blow hendrick and DEI"...[:@]

and now phony admits that he spun kenseth on purpose...because kenseth bumped him early in the race...when someone brazenly admits that he TRIED to wreck someone, out of retaliation, he should be suspended...

Old 02-19-2006, 09:53 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What about the last lap BS caution... The last guy, on the last lap, no debrie, all by himself and it's a caution? Give me a damn break NASCAR...

"Hey hurry, throw the caution, some guys at the edn, all by himself spun out... Hurry throw it so Jimmie gets the win!"

Old 02-19-2006, 11:14 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

and is anyone else *shocked* to see that the car that was caught with illegal parts won?

they should change the name from NASCAR to "we blow hendrick and DEI"...[:@]

and now phony admits that he spun kenseth on purpose...because kenseth bumped him early in the race...when someone brazenly admits that he TRIED to wreck someone, out of retaliation, he should be suspended...
Now, Johnson was being challenged all thru the race, and really, Newman/Mears screwed themselves out of the finish.

I totally agree that Stewart should be suspended. It's ridiculous that he can get away with blatantly admitting to it and have nothing done to him. Stewart has always gotten a free pass, even when he was driving Pontiac cars.

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

What about the last lap BS caution... The last guy, on the last lap, no debrie, all by himself and it's a caution? Give me a damn break NASCAR...

"Hey hurry, throw the caution, some guys at the edn, all by himself spun out... Hurry throw it so Jimmie gets the win!"
You're just running at the mouth cuz your precious Newman couldnt catch him. Mears screwed him out of any chance for a win. Blame him, not the caution. And Johnson had almost a 2 car length on him when the caution came out....at that point it was over. The reason the caution came out, is for the severity of the spin out.....he touched the wall and spun across the entire track. They did the EXACT same thing when Kenseth spun out and didnt hit anyone. NASCAR made the right call. However, I do agree that if its behind the pack of lead racers....let them finish. Either way, Newman had no chance of winning after Mears left him out to dry.

I find it rather amusing that a Dodge site is picking on the GM cars. It's not GM's fault that most of the marquee drivers are in a Monte Carlo. There's a few has-beens in the Fords, but none of them are real powerhouses anymore. Martin & Jarrett are the two best Ford drivers. Jamie McMurray has the "potential", but hasnt really shown it yet.

Dodge has Newman, just got Busch, and they have Kahne/Mears/Petty. However, only Busch has won in any real consistent way, and he did that in a Ford.

Look, I'm not bashing on Dodge in anyway, I just think if more of those top guys were driving Dodge cars.....I wonder how many of you would be complaining or pissed at certain things. Some of you are so MOPAR overboard fanatical, you tend to lump everything into 1 category. If a guy like Martin or Gordon or even Dale Jr. was driving a Charger.....how many of you would be getting up in arms over it?

For the record, the Tony Stewart incident wouldnt fly for me regardless of what he drove....I've never liked him. He's a great talent, but an idiot.

Old 02-19-2006, 11:47 PM
GreyGhost
All Star

Good post DR.

Look, I'm not bashing on Dodge in anyway, I just think if more of those top guys were driving Dodge cars.....I wonder how many of you would be complaining or pissed at certain things. Some of you are so MOPAR overboard fanatical, you tend to lump everything into 1 category. If a guy like Martin or Gordon or even Dale Jr. was driving a Charger.....how many of you would be getting up in arms over it?
I owned a 2002 Monte SS, the thing ran like a raped ape. The only reason that I traded it in for a SUV was that the 2 door car wasn't practical for a family of 4 (at the time)..

As far as pissing and moaning about the lack of respect with Dodge, my biggest problem is with one of my favorite drivers, Jeremy Mayfield. He just happens to be a Dodge driver since he moved over to EMS. The guy has made the chase for the past two seasons and gets absolutely no respect whatsoever from the media. The drivers are a different story, you talk to any of them and they will have JM on their top 10 list of drivers. He posted one of the most consistent finish percentages last season, finished in the top 10 and still no respect or mention. He's on the right track with Ray Evernham and will finish top 5 this season, but ask Marty Smith/NASCAR.com and he'll tell you different.

I still question why they didn't yellow flag the race when Mayfield was sent to the wall by Mike Wallace. The same thing happens between Gordon and Stewart and they didn't miss a beat with throwing the yellow flag out! No differences between those two accidents at all.

Old 02-20-2006, 12:05 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

You're just running at the mouth cuz your precious Newman couldnt catch him. Mears screwed him out of any chance for a win. Blame him, not the caution. And Johnson had almost a 2 car length on him when the caution came out....at that point it was over. The reason the caution came out, is for the severity of the spin out.....he touched the wall and spun across the entire track. They did the EXACT same thing when Kenseth spun out and didnt hit anyone. NASCAR made the right call. However, I do agree that if its behind the pack of lead racers....let them finish. Either way, Newman had no chance of winning after Mears left him out to dry.

I find it rather amusing that a Dodge site is picking on the GM cars. It's not GM's fault that most of the marquee drivers are in a Monte Carlo. There's a few has-beens in the Fords, but none of them are real powerhouses anymore. Martin & Jarrett are the two best Ford drivers. Jamie McMurray has the "potential", but hasnt really shown it yet.

Dodge has Newman, just got Busch, and they have Kahne/Mears/Petty. However, only Busch has won in any real consistent way, and he did that in a Ford.

For the record, the Tony Stewart incident wouldnt fly for me regardless of what he drove....I've never liked him. He's a great talent, but an idiot.
Check the Daytona 500 results thread... You'll see I was blaming Mears... I wasn't blaming the caution... but the BS caution DID ruin any chance of him getting 2ND, because right as the caution came out is when Mears had 1 fricken inch on Newman...

Dude I've seen so many BS cautions, and "Non" penalties... I just don't know what to believe anymore... I know you love the Chevy's in NASCAR... So it doesn't matter to you... But we see it... And yeah, it's not neccisarily Gm that we are talking about, it's the "Golden Boys" that NASCAR "looks out for"...

BTW Newman is the most consistant driver Dodge has... Has always finished in the top 10 in standings, DESPITE never having a good team mate, until this year...

Tony/Kenseth and the ending caution should give you a good idea of what we are speaking of...

Why wasn't Jimmie's car taken away like Jamie's before him? Boy NASCAR loves Hendrick...

Old 02-20-2006, 02:04 AM
BigRigTruckin66
Veteran

Man, Stewart was all over the place! He was rubbin' Gordon and bouncin' off every car he could touch. I was goin' with McMurray but he wiped in the later part. I think this race was a load of bull. There were some excellent parts, but "phony" blamed it on everyone else and basically asked for a fight from the #17 car driver. Shut your mouth.

Quick Reply: i know..