Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Jimmie Johnson wins the Daytona 500, Mears/Newman get 2nd/3rd

Old 02-21-2006, 03:48 PM
GreyGhost
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jimmie Johnson wins the Daytona 500, Mears/Newman get 2nd/3rd

Well, I don't know anything about Mears and Johnson being buddies but I do know that Mears drives a Dodge (Not for Penske of course as Newman does) but for Ganassi. I can't imagine that Mears would purposely hang Newman out to dry to help out a Hendrick's Chevrolet owned by Jeff Gordon, friend or not. I'm not much into any of the 3 drivers though so I don't have alot of info on their personal lives...

Old 02-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: TRUCK

I'm not much into any of the 3 drivers though so I don't have alot of info on their personal lives...
Niether do I... Only reason I know they are buddies is because of what the boradcasters and Mears said in interviews...

Old 02-21-2006, 05:11 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

ORIGINAL: deranged

I'm pi$$ed that Kurt Busch got taken out at the end because he and Newman were working so well together, something we hadn't seen from the Penske cars in the past. If Busch had been there at the end I think it would have been a DODGE sweep of the front three! DAMN!
Yeah, they were working really well there...and honestly...I was quite surprised that those two were working so well. Considering Busch's history and what not. I was also thoroughly impressed with the showing of the Penske team. Their cars were ready to play, something we havent seen much of out of Dodge lately in NASCAR.
I was also surprised at the good showing from the Dodge cars. Hopefully this wasn't just a fluke.....

Dusty

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jimmie Johnson wins the Daytona 500, Mears/Newman get 2nd/3rd