Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

GMC 2500HD

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 04:19 AM
vHiEpMeIr
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMC 2500HD

We found a bunch of cars at a Walmart parking lot Saturday, I'd say about 75 cars. The cars were parked in four areas, imports, domestics, trucks, and exotics. The only exotic was a very nice looking Viper RT/10. This guy had a 2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD with the gas engine not the diesel, so I think it was the 6.0L V-8. It was a 4X4 with Extended Cab and Short Bed. He had a toolbox in it and inside that toolbox was an unbelievable amount of NOS and he also had Propane Injection. I didn't ask him what he had done to the engine but I think a Supercharger might be involved. He said he ran high 12's on his juice. He raced a Civic that I saw run a 13.6 at the track, so the guy in the Civic must have some money becuase you'd need it to get that car to do a 13. They lined up at the light and I could see the guy in the GMC doing something on his computer. He reved it and they took off. I have never seen a truck move that fast in my life. If he didn't do a wheelie he was as close as you could be without doing one. Hish back end sunk way down. That guy was gone! He smoked that Civic like no other. I think he underrated his truck by saying high 12's, because he SMOKED that Civic!

Old 05-17-2004, 05:00 AM
03ramhemi
Professional
Default RE: GMC 2500HD

DAMN!! Thats hot!! Though I didn't think gas could have propane injection, I guess you can?!?! Did you race anyone? Were you driving the HEMI?

Old 05-20-2004, 02:51 PM
Vader
Champion

The GM HD diesel engines can be reprogrammed for 100 additional HP using SuperChips or Hypertech. They are strong. But you are right, with times in the 13's he was probably propane injected.

Old 05-28-2004, 02:43 AM
vHiEpMeIr
Record Breaker

I was going to race an early 90's Chevy 3500 (4X4, LWB, RC) but I was involved in a confrontation before I had the chance. He said it was stock but everyone was telling me to race him, I don't know what would have happened.

Quick Reply: GMC 2500HD