Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Pinks

Old 03-27-2006, 09:59 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Pinks

if they got a civic that was tuned the way that they made that one out to be, it would have destroyed that firebird...there were NA civics in the 10s at the nopi finals...

Old 03-27-2006, 10:32 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

if they got a civic that was tuned the way that they made that one out to be, it would have destroyed that firebird...there were NA civics in the 10s at the nopi finals...
Still, I'd rather have the Firebird. RWD V-8>FWD 4-banger

I like alot of imports, but I'dstill rather have that.

Old 03-28-2006, 04:27 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I like to watch them race, but I agree, the way they do the show and the host are retarded.

Old 03-28-2006, 12:34 PM
moparmanjames
Veteran

I loved that episode! The show is stupid and I hate the host but that 10 second ricer got smoked by that supercharged Firebird! Me thinks that was a 9 second car, on the last run with the N2O that thing left with the wheels high in the air, it would easily run 10's without the gas.
But who knows, there is no tree or timeslip, I guess that's why the show is loved or hated.

Old 03-28-2006, 02:00 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

james, i am pretty into the whole import racing scene, and ive been to some huge import-only racing events...ive watched a car dyno WELL under 600hp, then go out and run in the 10s...they weigh nothing, so they dont need a ton of HP...that civic was a VERY poor representation of what a good import race car is capable of...

Old 03-28-2006, 09:47 PM
moparmanjames
Veteran

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

james, i am pretty into the whole import racing scene, and ive been to some huge import-only racing events...ive watched a car dyno WELL under 600hp, then go out and run in the 10s...they weigh nothing, so they dont need a ton of HP...that civic was a VERY poor representation of what a good import race car is capable of...
I know there are alot of fast import cars, heck, just the other day at our own track during wednesday night street wars there was a Supra that went 8.65@ 163 and a Mitsu Evo that went 9.90.
I also like to watch the NHRA sport compact classes when I can.
I just thought that was a great episode since most of the time, unless you are at an organized event like NOPI or NHRA, you run into ricers that are all show and don't have their stuff together. That's why it was so funny, those guys were talking big crap and before the final run they were like, "let her eat!", like they were going to blow the doors off of the other guy.
At our street wars, we must have had 100 or so imports, but there were only 3 that ran 12's or better, and only a couple more in the 13's.
The Neons were doing well though, running 13's and 12's.

Old 03-29-2006, 03:59 AM
MikeyLittle
Professional

Personally I like the show but then again like many ppl. already said, shoot the host and get some time's on there, i like this episode because I can't stop laughing at the kid coming up with excuse after excuse as to why he lost lol and then when he wins he sounds a lil more cocky lol I especially love when they tell the kid that he's bogging out and granny shifting and the kid says thats how he drives....LEARN TO RACE SON!! lol

Old 03-30-2006, 03:42 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My biggest problems with the show are the lack of using the tree lights and timers and the crybabies crying about this and whining about that.

Old 04-06-2006, 05:53 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Same thing here... They are at a track... Why not use the benifits of the track...

Old 04-06-2006, 11:38 AM
JustinJohnson86
Captain

That civic doesnt have 600 HP... Did they dyno that thing? They shouldve... I'm glad that dude lost his car, now other guy can sell parts off it and get a new tranny...

I love the whole "You lost by granny shifting"

"Granny shifting? THATS HOW I DRIVE!"

... That kids a moron... 20?!?!?! car legnths.... and the bird still won....

I laughed throughout this whole video..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pinks