Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Mini Cooper "S" Picks A Fight

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 08:46 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Cooper "S" Picks A Fight

One of those little limey imports shot out in front of me from a side road on my way home today, and when I attempted to pass him, he changed lanes to block me. A red light was coming up so I decided to teach the little creep a lesson. He finally settled into the right lane and I pulled up even with him and we waited for the light to turn green. When it did, we both took off together, him spinning his tires, while my SRT-4 didn't and quickly wound out of first gear and into second. At that point, the race was all but over, with the rear of his car becoming visible in my rear view mirror. Another shift, and he had had enough. The timing was perfect, as we were coming up on traffic at around 75 mhp in a 35 mph zone...giggles and grins all the rest of the way home.....[sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley4.gif]

Old 05-29-2004, 09:18 PM
03ramhemi
Professional
Default RE: Mini Cooper "S" Picks A Fight

Nice kill man, he should know better than to mess with a car that has 60hp more than him, and not too much heavier. I do like the Cooper S's tho, not too quick,but pretty neat looking.

Old 05-29-2004, 09:20 PM
03ramhemi
Professional

Oh, and how didn't your's spin, were you easy on the gas at first, or have a limited slip? Even with a LSD I would think it would spin.

Old 05-29-2004, 09:40 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Yeah the 04's have the LSD, and yes, I was kinda easy on the gas. I didn't do a high rev launch, just punched it once everything felt solid. The area is a favorite area for cops and the sound of two cars revving it up (especially when one has a Mopar/Borla exhaust) would have attracted unwanted attention. I need to get my butt out to a strip once it gets broken in.....[&:]

Old 05-29-2004, 11:17 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HaHaHaHa.

Mini-Cooper in it's place. I'll give em credit for trying though.

You should have hit the brakes, waited for them to catch-up, and passed them again for good measure and to leave a lasting impression of an SRT-4 rearend in their minds so next time maybe they'll know better.

Nice Fish-N-Chips kill.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 05-30-2004, 12:39 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

one of my dads buddies has a mini S with a great deal of work done to it, both simple stuff, and i belive some programming and engine work. last time we saw him, he said he had soemwhere along the lines of 250hp.

i dont liek them, and i dont think any man should have such a little car, but the little turds can be quick. cant mess with the bimmer boosted. i got my *** handed to me yesterday by an S, but im NA, and auto.

Old 05-30-2004, 12:55 AM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Normally I wouldn't have even messed with him (their 0-60 time is almost 2 seconds slower than the SRT-4 according to the factory website) but the little dweeb came across 6 lanes of traffic to make me hit my brakes, which I seldom do in my SRT-4. Blocking me from passing him was the kicker. But the funny thing was he chose the right hand land. The road is a gradual uphill sweeping left turn.....he chose the outside lane!!!!![:'(]

Old 05-30-2004, 10:56 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heck, he knew it really wasn't going to matter which lane he was in.

Old 05-30-2004, 01:31 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

I don't even think he knew what kind of car I had until I passed him...that's when he let off the gas and turned off...[&:]

Old 05-31-2004, 02:21 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good job taking him to school.[sm=smiley20.gif] I love knockin' them off their high horses with my domestic muscle new and old.[sm=smiley4.gif] What exactly does this mean,"with the rear of his car becoming visible in my rear view"?[sm=smiley24.gif] I had to double over it to make sure what I was reading, because at first it was sounding like he was beating you with seeing the rear of his car.[sm=smiley5.gif]

Quick Reply: Mini Cooper "S" Picks A Fight