Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

saturns!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 12:48 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default saturns!!!

so im sitting in traffic coming home from work today, and i pull up next to a guy in a newer 4 door saturn ion, with AM wheels, and a Huge chrome muffler. well, i have my stereo boomin, and my exhaust is loud, and as i glance over, this guy, and his chunky girl, are both looking at my car, grinning. so i turn my radio down, and he nods and says, "nice stock wheels." i replied with "nice chrome muffler..it goes nicely with the babyseat and the 4 doors." the light turns green up ahead of us, and as we approach it, it turns yellow, and we both stop. i flipped through the radio stations as i watched cross traffic, and i found a station as kick start my heart came on...like a sign...so i took my sunglasses off, and winked at him...the cross traffic stopped, and as our light turned green, i hammered it, as did he, i spun, and it sounded like he did too, but when i went to 2nd gear..it was over...around 100, i got of it, and he came flying past, and flipped me off....

saturn drivers...what idiots...

Old 05-30-2004, 02:43 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: saturns!!!

My mom has a Saturn Vue... although I don't agree with her purchase, I wouldn't call her any names... I always say, to each their own.

~Amanda

Old 05-30-2004, 04:24 AM
Bucko
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant wait to hear about the races with those new "redline" saturns.
sorry, but when i think of saturn i dont think of fast.

Old 05-30-2004, 01:13 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

I don't think of fast either when I think of Saturns... heck... my MOM has one... LOL!!

~Amanda

Old 05-30-2004, 01:44 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

I had a young lady in a Saturn riding my rear all the way home the other day. There I was trying to save a few dimes in gas by driving normal, and this lady is all over me like she wants to inspect the inside of my Borla exhaust tips or something. I finally got fed up and punched it (the gas, not the lady!!) at a light, losing her in traffic. She was just an accident waiting to happen.....[:@][:'(]

Old 05-31-2004, 02:28 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

Saturn's will never bring the thought of performance to anyone.[:'(] It's like the US version of VW.[:'(] I have never thought of VW and thought performance. BTW: Nice kill.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 05-31-2004, 04:49 AM
03ramhemi
Professional

VW's- not too bad stock, the new R32 is about 5.9 to 60, but the 1.8T and Audi's 2.7T can be HIGHLY modded and still reliable. I am an Audi/VW/Mopar fan, oh, and Land Rover! But now, when I think of VW I dont think of fast, and potential.

Old 05-31-2004, 08:34 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

Yeah, but the R32 is new, it just came out. The 1.8T that tried messing with me in my SRT-4 was modified, at least an exhaust that I saw and maybe a CAI because I heard his turbo spool up quite well, learned a very valuable life lesson of not messing with an SRT-4. All I had done to my SRT-4 at the time was the MSD Super Conductor plug wires and Mopar BOV. I slaughtered him very very badly. The R32 however would give me one hell of a run. That is the only real performance vehicle that I have seen from VW and if I remember correctly it's priced like an Evo or STi.

Old 05-31-2004, 06:59 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

actually, i should ammend what i said, to portray what i meant...i meant that ricer-saturn drivers are idiots...

and when they began to launch the redline..some pro-gm mag called it something to the tune of the srt-4 killer, but when they tested it, it ran something like a 15 flat, making it more like a stratus killer...but they didnt say that...

Old 05-31-2004, 07:44 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Once upon a time Saturn was a decent car company....I think all those people retired....[:'(]

Quick Reply: saturns!!!