Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Hemi vs VW TDI

Old 04-20-2006, 04:31 PM
mcgill4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hemi vs VW TDI

Had to brag a little. Anyways, this morning I get behind some kid in a VW TDI, who I have followed the last couple of mornings. He has gone thru some stop signs, which I "had" stopped at until this morning. We are on some back roads that have very little traffic. He tries to loose me a few times, but this morning I wasnt letting that happen, so I follow him for awhile as he tries to loose me again. Now I have new Silverstar Headlights in that are bright as hell which are pratically blinding him, because he starts adjusting his mirror. Anyways we get to a point where we turn onto a pretty busy road and I hear him spin the tires and take off, well I quickly looked both ways and take off after him. When you turn onto this road its already going up hill, so when I take off I see him shifting gears, cars rocking from front to back as hes shifting and by the time we get to the top of the hill which is about 150 yds or so I am already looking at him in my rear view mirror and notice that he pretty much had his tail between his legs and slowing down. He didnt even try to catch up to me!

Just thought I would pass this on!

Old 04-24-2006, 03:28 AM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker
Default RE: Hemi vs VW TDI

Why are you braggin?

Old 05-04-2006, 03:32 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Cause he can, I guess....

Old 06-12-2006, 06:32 PM
dieselram
Captain

5.7L Hemi vs 1.9L diesel? Were you towing a yaht while chasing him down, then you'd have a story.

Old 06-19-2006, 11:23 AM
mcgill4

ORIGINAL: dieselram

5.7L Hemi vs 1.9L diesel? Were you towing a yaht while chasing him down, then you'd have a story.
My point was that its funny how even thes little 100hp turbo diesel cars still try to race a 345hp truck! And I doubt I could have even caught him if I was "towing a yacht". If you dont like the story, then dont reply!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hemi vs VW TDI