Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

NASCAR Modified Series Rules

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006 | 10:41 PM
resbum
Default NASCAR Modified Series Rules

I wonder If anyone would have any insight on engine rules for that series. Specifically when I went to the Spencer Speedway website and the rules section specified only GM engines were allowed. They also have another modified class call SST which also specified a GM engine.

Does anyone know if the NASCAR Modified rule book allows only a GM engine or is it just this track?

I went to Oswego Speedway webite and saw the SuperModifieds have the same rule. I don't like the idea of making a decision to get into that type of racing only to be told I have to run a Brand X engine.

If this is all true I would like to draw from the knowledge and experience here and collect any names and addresses of Dodge/Chrysler, NASCAR, anyone who could apply pressure to change the rules so a manufacturer does not have a monopoly.

Old 05-26-2006 | 11:22 PM
Ken
Rookie
Default RE: NASCAR Modified Series Rules

That is likely a track rule, or a track-series rule.

The actual NASCAR modifieds are not required to use GM engines. There are Dodges, Fords, and GMs in the series. See the NASCAR Touring Website for links to the NASCAR Whelen Modified series and the NASCAR Whelen Southern series.

Many tracks like Spencer, Stafford, Thompson, etc. have NASCAR sanctioning, but that doesn't mean that their Mods fit the NASCAR rulebook. For example, here is Thompson, CTs Sunoco Modified rules Sunoco mod rules . They use NASCAR's rulebook as a baseline, with changes to many areas. Same thing for Stafford, CT SK modified rules .

You can see in both of their rules that the engines are not required to be GM built.

Old 06-19-2006 | 11:13 PM
resbum
Default RE: NASCAR Modified Series Rules

Thanks, Ken.
I feel better about spending the time digging deeper into that class of racing.

Quick Reply: NASCAR Modified Series Rules