Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Mustang Moronics

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 05:16 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mustang Moronics

This applies to most, but not all Mustang owners. Why is it that 90-98% of all Mustang owners, especially GT owners, are total and complete morons that constantly feel the need to try and prove how bad their car is (or as is most often the case how bad it isn't) in a poor attempt to inflate their ego and self image. I have recently had a run in with two GT's, both being fairly typical of the type with the first being much more civilized and less stupid. The first was a new '05-'06 GT that was completely stock as far as I could tell aside from the nonfunctional hood scoop. It was behind a car that was next to me at a red light and apparently felt the need to play as I watched it come up from behind rather rapidly when it got into my lane and then switched back into the other for a ricer fly by. However, there was a car up ahead in my lane turning left and a pickup turning right in his. The one in my lane was slightly ahead of the pickup and waiting to be able to turn, whereas the pickup was turning so I changed lanes as the truck turned to keep the fly by from happening and giving him a run instead, since there was empty road ahead. I was somewhat suprised at how well my little SRT-4 did as I left the GT behind. When I came upon some traffic I simply slowed down and went with the traffic only to have the GT go by in the other lane slowly, as the van in front of me was turning right, and he rev's it as he passes.

The other one was tonight when I was on my way home from work. I stopped at the car wash and there was an '80's GT there with an RX-8 and I thought nothing of it and just sprayed my car off and left. The next thing I know is that said GT is following me as I leave and rides my *** through a residential area. As I turn onto a 2 lane each way road I knew what he was going to do, but as always I let the other person start it which they did like clockwork. I walked away from it as I figured, but it also did better than a stock GT of those years, so it was obviously not stock. I come upon traffic ahead in my lane and brake as I always do, as I will not risk other by doing stupid stuff like weaving in and out of traffic. The GT retard goes by in classic ricer fly by style and I get behind him in his lane thinking there may be empty road ahead, but there was just more traffic so I just drove normal. Then the road opens into a 3 lane each way divided highway and he waits as I get into the other lane and we go again as I again leave him and come upon traffic and have to slow down as he goes by again. I then return the ricer fly by to show how cheap and hollow it is. Then he seems to want to slow way down and go with traffic immediately behind us and I roll my window down to see whats up and he slows down even more. I just continue cruising in 5th and all the sudden I hear him gun it and at this point I have no chance, but I pursue some anyway until we get to the traffic ahead and the dumbass goes weaving through traffic as I slow down and stay with the traffic. After seeing that disregard for anyone I wasn't about to continue even with miles of empty road and he was sitting on an off ramp waiting as if I'm going to continue when he's that dumb.

I, like most, enjoy a little racing fun, but there is a limit and a line you just have to draw and stick to it. You can take your own life into your hands as you do on a daily basis, but you have no right to endanger others and jeopardize their lives for fun.

Old 04-27-2006, 09:18 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mustang Moronics

Don't know what it is these days with these morons that risk lives of others to try and prove something. Nice kills by the way, and respect for not pursuing with too much traffic around. I don't get that, Easter day I was coming home from my cousins, and this little ratted out civic comes up behing me, I am in the mustang, and then does the ricer drive by, and there are many cars around. I just do a little gas catch up to him, very quick, then lay off as the traffic thickened, then went to traffic speed. That idiot proceeds to ride other peoples ***, and weave in and out cutting people off.

Old 04-27-2006, 10:41 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

most people buy mustangs to make themselves tough, so they pick on cars that the THINK that can beat...at one point, i would have said "all mustang owners", but since i am a regular at MF now, and I have met enough people online with stangs to show that theyre not ALL like that...

just alot of them...

its REALLY bad around here...maybe because its "motor city, USA", so there seem to be less ricers and more stangs/camaros/classics, so my little stratus has slim pickins to have a shot in a street race...ive been to columbus, and having spent so much time on the edges of brice road (even a drunken fit of yelling, trying to get mitch's attention last year ), i have seen that alot of the people around there, ESPECIALLY the stang owners, are mouthy asswipes...im reminded of one kid that rolled up in an sn95 cobra, and yelled to a guy in my dads car club (who was driving a 67 coronet RT with a built 440) "hey old man, will that old piece of s**t spin the tires" well, not only did he spin the tires, but he caught the kid at the corner of brice and (the road that runs to rachel's parking lot) and by the time the light turned green, the RT was through the other side of the intersection WITH the tires spinning, because that piece of junk slobra knew what happened".

i have learned to at least give people a shot before judging them, but in many cases, my preminitions are correct...

Old 04-28-2006, 12:48 AM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker

I like Moosestangs...lots of my friends own them...I guess some can be total douche bags...like lots of SRT-4 owners I know. Every car has jackass owners...look at me with my Ram!

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-28-2006, 12:58 AM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: YeahItsAHemi345

I like Moosestangs...lots of my friends own them...I guess some can be total douche bags...like lots of SRT-4 owners I know. Every car has jackass owners...look at me with my Ram!
Yep, there are jack asses in all makes and models. I think why people get stereotyped with the car is because as humans, we remember the aholes because they make themselves more noticeable.

Old 04-28-2006, 01:26 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah...most modified mirada owners are ******** too...

hey 345, isnt the silver mustang next to your truck a terminator?

Old 04-28-2006, 05:47 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too know many Mustang owners and some are cool and others are total morons, like anything you have to take them on an individual basis. It is odd how certain types are drawn to certain things or cars. I almost had a mustang twice, the first was a green '68 with all the bells and whistles and the new one with it's retro styling and improved performance, but I guess only Mopar runs through my veins. The Camaro is another moron magnet as I've seen many of their owners that have that same ricer mentality with my favorite being the radio guy with his superfast, cops can't possibly catch it, Iroc Z-28..[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]That is some of the funniest BS I've ever heard and reflects exactly the types we're talking about. I wish I had a link to it, but I don't (I think it was posted here before in the sights and sounds section), I have it saved on my computer though and love to listen to it for amusement every now and again.

Old 04-28-2006, 11:56 AM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

hey 345, isnt the silver mustang next to your truck a terminator?
Yeah! That thing is f'in sick! He's invested some $$$ into that car. It's so FAST.

Old 05-04-2006, 03:49 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

yeah...most modified mirada owners are ******** too...
I only know one... lol JK...

Nice kills 71RR!

Quick Reply: Mustang Moronics