Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
40.63%
No
50.00%
Doesn't matter...street racing>track racing
9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Does having a track help keep street racing to a minimum?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 12:38 PM
moparmanjames
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Does having a track help keep street racing to a minimum?

Test and tunes are expensive, but the midnight mayhem is not. I think its $10 or maybe $20
now. It kind of pisses me off. I have to pay much more to test and race my car but at least those idiots are at the track. I used to go to the street races to watch. Everyone would meet at a certain location and when a race was set up we would go to a remote location and watch the race.
I have to admit that it was very cool at first, you could see some 8 second cars at times. But after a while it was mostly slow ricers so I stopped going.
The thing is, if there was a track open every day with low prices then it would help, but at our track at least, saturday night is the organized racing points event so all those crazies will be racing around the city.

Old 06-06-2006, 01:23 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

when i started going to TnT, it was cheap enough that if someone would talk trash, i would offer to pay his admission to come race me, but now test n tune at PRP costs something like 25 bucks, and while that doesnt break the bank by any means, it used to be 10. Test n tune at the closest track here is like 35 bucks or something, and its a GHETTO track....its ridiculous.

Old 06-06-2006, 01:36 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Well, we have street legal nights out at Indianapolis Raceway Park.....which is outside of Indianapolis on the westside...in Clermont. It's basically a suburb of Indy now, as big as its grown anymore....

The track is a 1/4 mile, they use it for all the NHRA and assorted drag associations..they also run midgets and monster trucks on the track out there.....same with the Busch cars and the truck series....

They dont charge a lot....like $20 I think....been a while since I went...and its well worth goin....but the prices of what people charge is what drives alot of people off.....

Tracks help, but the truth is, too many bench racers who suddenly grow ***** at a light on an easy target....and decide they wanna joyride/race.....not to mention dyno queens

Old 06-13-2006, 03:06 PM
Gump
Record Breaker

track and street are totally different animals. to get good times at the tracks around me you need different set ups than the average street racer.

i dont think they help at all.

Old 06-13-2006, 05:53 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

they dont help in the respect that ricers with no power adding mods and big mouths are too much of bitches to go to the track...so you could build a track in their backyard, and they would still find excuses not to race there, as they know that they would be exposed as frauds.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:56 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker

hell. A lot of people really arent as fortunate as some of you guys. The closes track to me is about a 2 1/2 hour drive. Thats just a dragstrip. An actual track is close to 6 hours away. So... when you put that together... its just not worth the gas to go. I go when a bunch of my car buddies go and that is when i really get to test out the car.

Old 06-14-2006, 02:22 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i drove 2+ hours several times a week all through high school and college to race.

Old 06-14-2006, 02:24 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Mapquest has a new mag/book out that lists all tracks in the US on maps... You'd be suprised how many tracks are around... You can find it on any magazine stand...

Old 06-19-2006, 01:36 PM
shadowzform
Veteran

^^^ I'm goig to build a track in my backyard lol... 50 acres, maybe that could be enough length for one.

but in my opinion tracks do keep people fraom racing on the streets up until some degree.. There are still people who are too impatient to go and opportunity seeking. Personally, if they would make more tracks it would be a whole lot better. Since New Orleans got destroyed here, the closest track now is even twice the distance... 4 hour drive.

Old 06-22-2006, 03:24 AM
kOnO
Rookie

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

Mapquest has a new mag/book out that lists all tracks in the US on maps... You'd be suprised how many tracks are around... You can find it on any magazine stand...

To find a track near you online try going to:

http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/DragStrips.html

kOnO

Quick Reply: Does having a track help keep street racing to a minimum?