Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

First Civic Vs. Neon

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 01:00 AM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First Civic Vs. Neon

Hey all i had my first light to light race with a hot shot and his Honda Civic all riced out and his $20 exhuast tip from Walmart. i wasn't planing on racing him because i thought well he has more sense than that but while i was at the first light i was the first car and then the Civic stopped about 4 car lengths behind in the other lane to talk to with someone and well the light turned green and i went on my merry way rather slow (to save fuel) and i looked in my side mirror and saw him coming on up so i was like ok this guy wants to race so when we got to the next light he was reving his engine and i was just sitting there with my old stock Neon. well the light turned green and i hit it but almost lost it due to first gear being so small but made it up in second and third and i beat him by like over a car length in my 1995 Plymouth Neon with over 230,000 miles on it and bone stock. man it was sooo much fun.

Old 05-11-2006, 01:20 AM
das2123
Legend
Default RE: First Civic Vs. Neon

Why do people street race? *sighs* Take it to the track like real racers do!

Old 05-11-2006, 01:50 AM
neoncrazy101
Champion

yea i know :-( its illegal and isn't true racing but when its completely not plained or anything then well... idk... cant wait till i get a job to get into the SCCA and finally truely race.

Old 05-11-2006, 01:59 AM
spudsterier
Legend

light racing is fun...it is pointless to go to the track if you are just messing around....id feel kinda dumb telling sumone next to me at a light that i cant race them on the street but if they wanna set up a date then we can dreive to the track and try it then

Old 05-11-2006, 05:11 AM
lblackneon
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Street racing is just for the moment; It's fun if you're responsible based on road conditions. I play around once in a blue blue moon. If nobody is around and it happens to be a straight road, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Old 05-11-2006, 07:08 AM
HabitatHxC
Captain

I enjoy light to light racing, because it gives me an "IDEA" of what other cars can do, and what i can do with what i have, I know the only way to tell is to hit the track, but ya around where i live we have the "mirrical mile" where on the weekends ricer kids (i suppose like myself) come out and run up and down this 1 mile strip! alot goes down but its mostly walmart can kids! any who street racing is fun if you have some common sense.

Old 05-11-2006, 11:31 AM
das2123
Legend

ORIGINAL: lblackneon
It's fun if you're responsible
It's illegal, so how does that translate into responsible? I just don't understand with the stiff penalties, why people continue...but's I guess it's a fact of life.

*gets down off soapbox*

Old 05-11-2006, 06:09 PM
HabitatHxC
Captain

ha ha, ya it is illegal but its tollerated in moderation around here, i raced my cousins cavy (and won yet lost) i won the race i pulled ahead like 2 car-lengths, but he was watching his rear view mirror, and seen the cop chasing behind, so he turns off the road and i was clueless, the cop pulled me over and said im gunna give you neusance opperation (like running a red light) which i think is really light seeing how we were doing 85-90 in a 35 and he said just dont be going so fast next time. The kids here like to pop there hoods when parked (to show off there snazz) well a cop stopped in a parking lot and popped his hood, and when he left he did a burnout. like i said if your responcible and not driving like a mad man everything will be alright.

Old 05-11-2006, 07:58 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion

wow your luck thats all he gave ya for going so fast in a 35 zone.

Old 05-11-2006, 10:29 PM
spudsterier
Legend

a few years ago i got a written warning for doing 85 in a 40...but it was only a warning because the cop liked the car....the other day i got pulled over for doin 60-65mph fishtails down a gravel road in my durango....i didnt notice the cop about a 1/4 mile behind me because of the gravel dust.....another written warning...but i get pulled over about twice a month for miscelaneous reasons...most of the cops in this county know me by name now

Quick Reply: First Civic Vs. Neon