Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

My first experience with a Cobra.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 04:31 AM
doodad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My first experience with a Cobra.

ORIGINAL: 71RoadRunner

ORIGINAL: doodad
Even 370rwhp is like 425+hp at the crank. cobras are WAYYY underrated for insurance!
Thenwhy wasFord sued for overrating the '99Cobra's?
There was an issue on 99-01 cobras and they recalled them. and changed the intake i believe and got the real numbers. they didn't overrate them.. they were built wrong or something. not sure but they fixed them. Mach1s are underrated as well.. they are like 340hp cars and rated 310.

Old 03-30-2007, 02:16 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

right...built wrong...

Each car got a new intake, exhaust system, and tune to make the advertised hp.

I know that the mach1's run well, but i dont know that they make that much more than advertised...they are rated at 305hp, and if im not mistaken, they are basically an NA cobra...or at least a similar setup. a mod motor with 4v heads...but i think that the machs were even more rare than the terminator.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:47 PM
doodad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

right...built wrong...

Each car got a new intake, exhaust system, and tune to make the advertised hp.

I know that the mach1's run well, but i dont know that they make that much more than advertised...they are rated at 305hp, and if im not mistaken, they are basically an NA cobra...or at least a similar setup. a mod motor with 4v heads...but i think that the machs were even more rare than the terminator.
thats what people claim all over the internet that they are like 340hp cars but i sometimes doubt it cuz they put down 270-280rwhp.

they are 4v like cobras but they have aliminum block and they can't handle much power.. if pass over 450rwhp, engine is in danger. Cobras are iron block and there are people running 700-800rwhp everything stock in the engine. tune is very important at those levels.

But dyno numbers & track numbersshows that 03/04 cobras are way underrated. nowhere near 390hp. according to my dyno numbers 370rwhp /348rwtq on mustang dyno, my car is 425+hp at the flywheel.

as i said, i don't really care how many hp the car has.. the important thing is what can you run with it. i knew a guy on MF (John and Erik knows too)with KB cobra 600+rwhp and couldn't even run 11s. his buddy got in and got 10.90 out of that car.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:17 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only reason I brought up the '99 Cobra's being over rated was because you generalized it implying that all Cobra's are under rated and that isn't true. Most of them may very well be under rated, but not all were.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:22 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

haha!!

642 rwhp and 12.20s?? i am very familiar with him...

Quick Reply: My first experience with a Cobra.