Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

moron in cobra.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 04:27 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default moron in cobra.

so im at the track tonight, running 12.80s. as i pull to stage for my 4th run, a kid in a green late 90s cobra pulls next to me, and revs his engine. while i run nothing but header extensions, so i kick the throttle nice and hard, and glance over, and hes starring at me, and again he revs the engine.

now, there is NOTHING i hate more than stpid kids in underpowered stock crustangs. so i flip my visor on my helmet up, and wink at him.
i do a HUGE burnout, and stage. he plays some half-vast staging game. and well, to make it short, i whooped his ***. 12.893@103.18 to his balmy 14.10@98 something....

so we get back into the pits, and he parks next to me, and all of his boys are making fun of him, and i hear one say "hey, i thought you were gonna crush that guy? what happened?" so i spoke with a few of the guys i know there, and i walked over, and asked him if he broke something. those of you who race alot, see the insulting nature of that question.

)

Old 06-10-2004, 04:50 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: moron in cobra.

I would hope that the ones who don't would catch the meaning of that as well. I take it that it was an early 90's Cobra or he doesn't know how to drive.

Old 06-10-2004, 10:50 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know how much you love Mushwangs, the ultimate Ferd hotrod. Nice kill.

How did the car feel? Could you tell any diffence in the power due to the jet change? From what Bob said, it sounded like you had some bad air, but the car really didn't slow down much. Sounds to me like taking some of that jet is helping. Did you remove the back bumper yet?

Old 06-11-2004, 01:47 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

well, with the jetting..im not sure. a few weeks back, in air that was better, but not good by any stretch, it ran 12.86. last night, it ran consecutive 12.893s. the 60' times were good, around 1.747, which is about as good as it has been so far. the air was AWFUL last night, but that is with the fiberglass trunk lid, which should have sped me up a bit, but those other runs were without the alternator, and last night, we made every run with the alternator hooked up.

i am anti-alternator.

and anti-ford.

Old 06-11-2004, 02:08 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i just realized that i had a pic of the race, at least the beginning. well, i wouldnt even call it a race.

this would have been right at launch, i can tell from the way the weight is shifted to the back a bit, and im already pulling out. )

Old 06-11-2004, 04:57 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

That's great, I love being able to actually see it. Looks like you've got a pretty good set up for the launch, the front tires look like they're close to being air bound.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 06-11-2004, 05:19 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

in columbus a few weeks back, it did indeed pull the left front wheel. no 4 foot sky launch, but it got up a bit. but afterall, i shouldnt post about it seeing as how my mirada isnt really "muscle"

however, those launches are with DOTs.

Old 06-11-2004, 05:30 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

Were you here for the Chrysler Classics? I missed the best day, saturday. I was there mainly on sunday, but I was busy talking with a few guys from the srtforums that had a nice spot next to the staging lanes in the grass, I took my SRT-4 over to where theirs were later on that day. I only watched a little bit of the drag racing, got there just in time to see a few SRT-4's making passes. I will be out at the Mopar Nationals in august, most likely in my SRT-4 since my Roadrunner would cost far too much to drive out and back.

Old 06-11-2004, 05:42 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i made several trips over to the SRT pits to shoot the breeze with them. what days were you there? i have a shaved head, and would have been on a white golf cart. i was tryign to keep track of the guy in the gutted out SRT to see how well he did. where do you reside?

Old 06-11-2004, 05:56 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

Were you over there on sunday at around 2:30 PM when there was a couple people out there with their done up 1st gen. Neon that was blue and had everything done to it and it was parked in front of the SRT-4 guys' tent facing towards 40? I live in southwest Columbus right around where the freeway shooter was having his "fun".

Quick Reply: moron in cobra.