Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Another Messed Up NASCAR Race

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 09:43 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Messed Up NASCAR Race

For two weeks in a row now, NASCAR has managed to make a mess out of the Nextel Cup Series Race. Last week it was the looooooong cautions resulting in a 4 hour, 45 minute race, this week it was "only" a 4 1/2 hour race, with messed up pit openings/closures, cars spinning each other off the track on purpose and a finish under the yellow (yawn). And yes, people again threw stuff on the track and even threw an ice chest at the Asst. Flagman and hit him in the back....[:'(]

Old 06-14-2004, 12:42 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Another Messed Up NASCAR Race

HaHa. We shouldn't be surprised by NASCAR or the fans. When they started talking about Harvick and Busch running into each other during the last caution, I turned off the radio. There just isn't any integrity to these drivers anymore. It's like "romper room" on wheels. The WWE of auto racing. Hee Haw of the sprots.

I know alot of people get into NASCAR and that's fine, but personally it isn't worth watching/listening to anymore. You don't see formula 1 drivers acting like this. Really makes me appreciate the old school drivers. Yeah, this stuff happened to some degree back then, but the drivers handled it alot better. Even Dale Earnhardt laughed alot of this stuff away.

Oh well. So continues the dumbing of America.

JMO

Old 06-14-2004, 12:55 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no comment on this weeks race... or rather I should say, I'm at a loss for words... all these changes are supposed to make the racing better... right?

~Amanda

Old 06-14-2004, 01:38 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's the impression I was under.[sm=smiley29.gif]

Old 06-17-2004, 10:18 AM
richde
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nascar has a real issue on thier hands and nextel is adding to that pressure with this "race for the championship" if you think its bad now wait until the last ten races.

As for the fans: its monkey see monkey do a few idiots in the stands are gonna ruin it for everyone. name another sport where you can take in a cooler with beer, food, scanner, etc.

I was in Charlotte for the 600, and nascar did everything they could to end that race under green and still the fans were throwing things on the track under the red. which just prolonged the time it took to clean the track. some need to get a clue!

Quick Reply: Another Messed Up NASCAR Race