Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Stoked: finally dusted me a lighting

Old 06-10-2006, 03:15 AM
yakkier
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stoked: finally dusted me a lighting

Yup i never knew how crappy ford was till tonight, i hear all kinds of things about lighting's an SVT stangs.. but tonight really got me wondering lol ..

Alright i was coming home from my weekly trip to panama city, well it was around 9:30 an alot of traffic, an this lighting comes out of no where an rides my a$$, so i pull to the right an let em go around, well he gets besides me dumps the clutch an rev's up, of course i look at em like he's an idiot cause it's rush hour an there are a million blue lights all around us, seriously cops pullin people over left an right, ok so well he drops back aways an i didn see em for about another 45 min, i get to ft walton an here he comes, now theres not really any one around by this time so ofcourse i mess with him, i speed up he speed's up, i slow down he slows down blah blah blah, alright well we get to a redlight.. it turns green i punch it he punches it, an ofcourse him being about 1300 lb's lighter than me he hit's the 0-60 ALOT faster, so he slows back down an i roll down my window an tell em lets do a rolling start just to see what i can do "never really ran my truck against something that big" so we slow down to about 35.. k well he counts, an on the count of 3 we both punch it..

yea.. i got his a$$ good, i beat him for about 1/4 mile till the next redlight an told him thanks cause i never knew my truck was that powerful, then asked him if he was really tryin an all that, heh.. he said he was considering buying a dodge right about then cause he's never been taken by another truck/SUV from a rolling start..

So that pretty much made my night an i'm kinda excited now to find out what it can do after i put the 383 in it hehe

Old 06-11-2006, 01:05 PM
RedSS454
Veteran
Default RE: Stoked: finally dusted me a lighting

ANd this was in your Durango?

Chris

Old 06-12-2006, 09:54 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion

Not to rain on your parade, but I seriously doubt that was a Lightning. You said it was manual, right? All lightnings come with an auto transmission.

Old 06-13-2006, 02:09 AM
yakkier
Banned

SHort bed stepside, black chrome lighting logo, body kit.. it was carrying the badge, sounded like one an ran like one so maybe it was just a heavy modified 150 who knows, either way it was fun..

Old 06-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Gump
Record Breaker

yeah i agree with hemiman ive ran a few in my neon and ive ran my friends hemi ram and i killed the ram really bad and only got about 5-6 lengths on the lighting.

but as long as you had fun thats what counts...

Old 06-14-2006, 02:27 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice but I prefer racing from a stop...

Old 06-19-2006, 01:08 PM
shadowzform
Veteran

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

Nice but I prefer racing from a stop...
amen.
That's what really counts. The bad thing about rolls is that if you got an auto, your gear can be in a bad spot when you punch it, giving you a slow start. I know that happens to me all the time when im going about 30 in a ram, it's like the thing won't even get going..

But about you beating an SVT, maaayybbe, but then again its highly doubtable because there are many people out there who try to pose and make out like they have an SVT, just like how people try to make it look like they have an SRT-10 ram. But since you helped that guy want a dodge even more.... KUDOS to you!

Old 06-22-2006, 04:44 PM
freedom

I dont know how modded you are in your durango, but hey anything is possible on the street.... I give respect to anyone who wants to play as long as they arent asses about it. I have a lightning, but I am not a fanboi.... I bought it because it was an interesting vehicle at a time when there werent many other interesting vehicles out there.... That said, Bone stock I was running 13.3@104 or so..... with a crank pulley i was running 12.8@109...... these trucks are stout, it takes a lot for another truck to beat them..... and they weigh 4700#'s do durango's weigh 6000#?

Old 06-22-2006, 06:19 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

we should also point out that some of the earlier lightnings were NA...

Old 06-22-2006, 06:24 PM
freedom

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

we should also point out that some of the earlier lightnings were NA...
Right the Gen I's from 93-95, but they also werent stepsides, and they were the square body style Ford F150....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stoked: finally dusted me a lighting