Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Cobalt SS

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 04:55 AM
MikeyLittle
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cobalt SS

Whats up ya'll, I know another cobalt thread but hey, it was all that i raced tonight, sorry...Anyways, i was cruising down the road and I saw a red SS pull out of one of the side streets, so I rolled up next to it, i wanted to hear the supercharger..We come up to a stop light and beeped his horn and rolled his window down, so we start bull****ting and the light turns green, we pull away, doing the whole you gun it and slow down then i'll gun it and slow down thing. We stopped at the next light and he nodded so i was like sure. I had my car for about 6 months and never raced anyone from a dig, well i brought the rev's up to about 2500 and the light turned green and i took off spinning **** through out 1st gear didnt really move so i went to 2nd quickly he was about a car ahead because like i said never had this car from a dig, always a roll..well by the end of second gear we were about even and then by the end of 3rd i was about half a car to a car ahead and then i had to turn off....i know long story, what i really wanted to know was if i spun threw 1st gear that easily is that what im expecting when i go to the strip in a couple of weeks and what can i do to fix it, im thinking just feather it till i get to 2nd or 3rd but i was a good time lol

Old 06-19-2006, 05:00 AM
minivanin
Professional
Default RE: Cobalt SS

try launching in 2nd to kill some torque, since 1st seems pretty much pointless when its floored, plus you have one less upshift which can give produce a hair quicker et just from one less shift

-greg

Old 07-09-2006, 12:11 AM
Racevette77
Professional

Dont stage at such a high rpm. I stage around 1500 and dont pop the clutch. Ease out as you get on the gas I think by 3-3500 rpm im fully off the clutch and all on the gas... youll spin some but get more grip - youll get a rediculous launch.... just dont forget to shift to 2nd it comes real quick :P

Spinning off the line takes soo much time off your ET.

Old 07-17-2006, 12:02 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you try 1st at the track without lots of practice your gonna go up in smoke just like on the street. Try launching in 2nd and you'll still need to fight wheel hop/spin, but it won't be as bad and 1st is gone so fast any way it's useless for racing. If you want maximum performance your best off shifting at full throttle/ WOT shifting, but you'll need to get that down perfect or your going to break something, however it will make a world of difference and wear out the clutch far quicker.

Quick Reply: Cobalt SS