Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

I owned him!!!

Old 07-10-2006, 10:41 PM
nos4fuel
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I owned him!!!

I hang out at the local Wingstop at least once a week and every so often there is a guy there who owns an 00 GMC Sierra but he has always bet me that his truck is faster than mine. One day I finally caught him at a traffic light, i was on my way to Wingstop and he was on his way home. We lined up, the light turned green and i launched (not gunned it but launched). We took off, my K&N air-filter was whining like crazy and when I hit the next light, he was way behind me. It felt good to burn him....and all before dinner!
What do you guys think? I personally think that he had it coming.
See ya round
-Nos

Old 07-11-2006, 12:49 AM
hemistyle
Professional
Default RE: I owned him!!!

Great job. There's nothing like a Dodge beating a GM product. There is a guy at work with a Yukon that i see on I-5 in the morning. Well we where neck to neck@70mph then traffic let him get in front of me. well I puched the gas and launched into the HOV lane and I went right past him like he was standing still @115mph. Thank you Superchip. Kinda makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. lol. Where you using your nos? Kenny...

Old 07-11-2006, 02:29 AM
tamuccmike
Veteran

I LOVE THIS PART!!! "We took off, my K&N air-filter was whining like crazy"......they don't whine like crazy...but good kill!!! no disrespect, i just love the way us hemi guys add these little dibs to make it sound like we totally roasted some poor mother ****er! IT'S CRAZY!

Old 07-11-2006, 04:36 AM
silvernightmare
Veteran

Nice job. See if he makes excuses next time you see him.

Old 07-11-2006, 06:19 AM
nos4fuel
Veteran

ORIGINAL: hemistyle

Where you using your nos? Kenny...
Nope, I dont have any spray in the Hemi and I never will, I dont believe in it for street use but my sn is from a LONG time ago...still sounds tight though.

In other news, lol, he made more excuses than I can count. He was like "my transmission isnt shifting right" and I was like no dude.....GMC isnt making decent trucks...lol anyway, next time its up in the air.

Old 07-11-2006, 11:51 AM
sumncguy
Veteran

Good job NOS !!!

One to share ...

The wife bought a new minivan, so I took the old one to get back and forth to work. The Mega would kill me in gas if I drove it every day for the 100 mile round trip to work.

Anyways, on at least three occassions while driving to or from work, either a new Sierra or Silverado - a Z something or other .... crawled up my butt and stayed on my bumper. Yes I was in the left lane. Yes I was doing 75 (in a 65) ... Im thinking, "ey man go the ***k around me." Usually I'll move over but this guy pissed me off. He was just an moron. Some days I saw him on others bumper that were rolling past me.

I finally got tired of it and took the Mega cab to work laying in wait to ambush this dude. Day one through three nothing. Day four, as I got on the highway (I-40 / Hwy 147 merge for you RTP, NC folks) who comes up in the side view mirror but mister Z man riding the butt of a lady who is driving a Corolla. I waited until she moved out of his way, moved into the left lane excellerated until I was riding his butt. I saw him looking at me in his rear view mirror. I cut him no slack. I stayed on his bumper as he tried to change lanes, slow and quicken the pace. This continue for miles until he exited.

Yeah it was dangerous .. Yeah I shouldnt have been doing it , but damn man ... sometimes these guys need to be put in their place. The ironic part is that I stopped in for a piece of pizza at joint just off that highway about a week later and had the pickup with me because I had to drop off the lawn mower (again damn thing). He noticed me and said "aint you the guy who was on my bumper last week?" I said yeah, "I also drive the purple mini van that your constantly tailgaiting." He smiled and said "I couldnt shake ya man!"

Now everytime I see him on the road, he goes around me, looks over - we nod and smile.

PS I dont mind driving the minivan, but it gets no respect !!! :P

Old 07-11-2006, 12:53 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Nice kill man! Sometimes its just so nice when your in the mood to go out "hunting" with your ram.

I had something like your story sumncguy happen to me today. For almost the last month now there has been this white Mustang (the whimpy 6 cylinder) running around the freeway on the 60 every morning being a total ***. This guy at least twice a week would pull up next to me and match my speed as I was on the ramp to enter/exit the freeway and trying to merge on. It wouldn't matter how fast or slow I was going he would do it and match my speed till the last possible second and then speed off honking his horn like an *** and it wasnt just me he was doing it to he would do it to anyone he came next to at the time. Now most of the time since its like 4:30-5am Im to tired to care but this mornig he just pissed me off one to many times. he pulled up and started matching my speed I gunned it flew past him like he was standing still and then as he attempted to pass me I would speed up cut him off and and hit my brakes a little, he normally would get off at the rural exit but I wouldnt let him until he was like 4 miles past it and then I sped off honking. I made him my bitch for the day and put him in his place. I know its both dangerouse and stupid to do so but i dont care he had it coming if not by me then by trucks he was doing it to........

Old 07-11-2006, 10:17 PM
QUADCABHEMI
Professional

Ahhhh I love the smell of a toasted Vortec!
Nice Kill

Old 07-11-2006, 11:23 PM
Racevette77
Professional

ORIGINAL: truckin151

this white Mustang (the whimpy 6 cylinder)
lol great line....... But they (mustangs) are all wimpy even the V8's. Lowest HP V8 "sports car" made. I enjoy makeing them look bad in my Neon SRT-4 ...... and just plain Spanking them in the Vette.

Old 07-12-2006, 12:47 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Racevette77

ORIGINAL: truckin151

this white Mustang (the whimpy 6 cylinder)
lol great line....... But they (mustangs) are all wimpy even the V8's. Lowest HP V8 "sports car" made. I enjoy makeing them look bad in my Neon SRT-4 ...... and just plain Spanking them in the Vette.

I dont know man Ive come accross a few fast cobras that can hold their own around here. Not the newer models though, they are so slow.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I owned him!!!