Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Ran a 350z last night

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Racevette77
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ran a 350z last night

Last night I was out with my x-GF (were still friends) rideing down the Infamous 1960 here in H-Town. Well 1960 is good for 2 things late at night 1) Light to light races and 2) police.
Well there was no police around.....cept for (well u know).... In an SRT-4

Well I was sitting at a light when the guy rolls up next to me in a 350Z with a sh*t eating grin on his face revin his engin. I tell the X get ready im gona run this guy but ill prollly loose cuz he has a hp advantage on me. Well little did i know ( cuz i was focused on the light waiting for it to hit the magic color after seein that stupid grin he had ) that b4 i said this to her the guy was motioning to her that he wanted to race..... funny part is that she gave the thumbs up followed by a Middle finger ,,l,, lol.

Now Either:
1) That fool cant drive,
2) Those cars are not as fast as people say they are, Or
3) My car has some upgrades on it from the previous owner.

Because light hits green and I blew his doors off......... were on it........ i slam second right about 6 grand and pull hard on him, (Funny thing is the whole time my X is shooting this guy the middle ,,l,, as we pass),
3rd gear im in front of him with about a half a car lengh to spare. He dident want to pull up next to me after that.

When she told me about the flippin him off i laughed - Glad i won now cuz that woulda looked bad - she is glad too lol ...... what is it w/ u women and flippin the bird as you race someone..... my sister does the same stuff...... she did it when i smoked a Sh*tStang.

N E how what u guys think?
Was it my car, that guys driveing skills or lack there of, or his car; for the reason of me spanking his bish ***? I was expecting to loose or least have a better run lol

Old 07-05-2006, 12:24 AM
moparman04
Captain
Default RE: Ran a 350z last night

lol nice kill... i swear 350 owners think they are the ****. my friend has one and has been beaten by me on numerous occasions, but for some reason thinks he can beat me now. funny thing is everytime he hits me up to run, i have modded my car since the last time ive smoked him.

to all 350z owners out there ... your cars may have 45 more hp or so... but you are also a few hundred pounds heavier... do the math and stop reving us up

Old 07-05-2006, 12:44 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

My very first "kill" was a 350Z, from a stoplight at the entrance to the Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery for almost 1/2 mile to the main gate at the post......the guy in the 350Z never got closer than 1/2 car length behind me...all show and no go.

Dusty

Old 07-05-2006, 01:07 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

VQ35DE—3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 engine (M/T models)
300 hp @ 6,400 rpm
260 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm

Not to mention they spot you 500lbs to start the race.....

The Z isnt a bad car...but its trying to race a light, turbo'd car.....it's almost even. In a 1/4 mile race, the Z will lose.....but add a turbo to the Z....different story....then your on a more level playing field.

Old 07-05-2006, 02:03 AM
lil
Captain

Since when is being a half car ahead of someone "blowing his doors off"?

Old 07-05-2006, 03:37 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: lil

I believe he was referring to the launch...not the race overall. The SRT-4's are very quick off the light....and are capable of very good launches even in a stock form.

Old 07-05-2006, 06:15 AM
Racevette77
Professional

ORIGINAL: lil

Since I pritty much had that position by the end of 2nd gear.
-Much to my suprise honestly-

- ill allso admint i may have gotten a tad over zelous with the "blowing the doors Off" comment because i was expecting way more out of the 350 than i got

Old 07-05-2006, 11:14 AM
Valo2170

good kill man! Yea they are not all that.People think they have 300hp but they need to remember thats not at the wheels.I have killed one befor with just a wga.This Z had intake,exhaust and it was all lowerd and ****,it really didnt have any big mods.

Old 07-05-2006, 11:35 AM
RIPSIGUY
Captain

Something to remember. In hot weather turbo cars loose much, much more power than natrually aspirated cars. The 350 is an easy kill in cool weather, unless it's modded.

Even a 70 degree night with high humidity will kill your power. My car likes dry air, high atmospheric pressure (Sunny days).

Old 07-05-2006, 01:10 PM
Burnnout
All Star

Against the new 300hp versions of the Z it's a drivers race.... against the normal Z's or the automatics you should constant pull away from them no prob.

Quick Reply: Ran a 350z last night