Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Victory Junction Gang Camp Photos:

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 12:39 AM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Victory Junction Gang Camp Photos:

Tony Stewart and Kevin Harvick look up at a chandelier shaped like an engine as Pattie Petty, left, gives a tour during the opening of the Victory Junction Gang Camp.

One of the treatment rooms in the "Goody's Body Shop" is shown during the opening of the Victory Junction Gang Camp in Randleman, N.C.

NASCAR president Mike Helton, right, looks at the gym area

Pattie Petty, left, is kissed by Tom Kelly, center, COO of Nextel, after presenting a check for $1 million as Kyle Petty looks on during the opening of the Victory Junction Gang Camp!

redriderbob

Old 06-24-2004, 12:42 AM
redriderbob
Banned
Default RE: Victory Junction Gang Camp Photos:

Paul Newman, right, talks with Pattie Petty, left, during the opening of the Victory Junction Gang Camp

Richard Petty, left, talks with NASCAR driver Kevin Harvick, right, during the opening of the Victory Junction Gang Camp

Tony Stewart, left, looks at a goat in the barn during the opening of the Victory Junction Gang Camp

People tour part of the Victory Junction Gang Camp

Tony Stewart, front right, and Kevin Harvick, back left, look take a tour of the Victory Junction Gang Camp

Fox Sports

redriderbob

Old 06-24-2004, 01:09 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's SO cool!! I still remember when Adam Petty died at New Hampshire... I was living in NH at the time, it was so so so so tragic... but at least something outstanding came out of it. Bless the Petty's for doing the good work they do.

~Amanda

Old 06-24-2004, 01:23 AM
redriderbob
Banned

Adam was my favorite driver... I was so excitied when I heard he would be in a Dodge cup car. I remember I got home early from school and was watching Busch Happy Hour when it happened... I was depressed the whole season everytime I seen the 45 on the track. I would love to see Kyle get that car into victory lane just once, for Adam. There is no doubt in my mind, Adam would have been a contender every week. I remember him in his first ARCA race, I watched that live to, and he won. He was one great driver and one lovable person!

redriderbob

Old 06-24-2004, 01:55 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Adam was just an all around outstanding guy... as well as an outstanding racer... he would have definately defined the next generation of NASCAR.

I lived about 20 mins from the track at the time, the severe depression the true fans went into over it saddened the entire sport, and beyond... Patty and Kyle really turned a terrible accident into something so wonderful, I can't think of words decent enough to describe them. I can't imagine losing my son, let alone having to do it publicly and then have the heart to turn around and do what they have done. I've watched The Victory Junction Gang Camp take shape slowly for many years... and it still amazes me what has been accomplished...

Some people are just too special to keep here, and that was Adam. And some people are too generous to take, and that's Patty and Kyle and everyone who put work into the Victory Junction Gang Camp.

~Amanda

Old 06-24-2004, 02:18 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you remember when he ran a couple truck races for Richard? He definitely had the "Petty" racing genes. It was obvious he would have been a great driver and very popular with the fans.

Old 06-24-2004, 08:14 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

ORIGINAL: Dodgegirl19

Some people are just too special to keep here, and that was Adam. And some people are too generous to take, and that's Patty and Kyle and everyone who put work into the Victory Junction Gang Camp.

~Amanda
Well said, Amanda.....[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 06-24-2004, 11:16 PM
redriderbob
Banned

I am w/ dusty, couldn't have said it any better!

redriderbob

Quick Reply: Victory Junction Gang Camp Photos: