Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

LS1 camaro kills

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 03:52 AM
moparmanjames
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LS1 camaro kills

ORIGINAL: Willis_93ES

i seriously dont even know why you guys even talk down F bodys. i mean being a dodge owner and everything is great. but what dodge can run 150mph stock?
Any of the following Dodges will do 160+ with 2.76 gears, common factory gearing:

1962 Dodge Ramcharger 413 MaxWedge
1963 Dodge Ramcharger 426 MaxWedge
1964 Dodge Hemi Polaris
1965 Dodge Hemi Coronet
1966 Dodge Hemi Charger
1967 Dodge Coronet R/T
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1969 Dodge Daytona
1970 Dodge Hemi or 440 Challenger R/T
1971 Dodge Challenger R/T

Now the icing on the cake is a 1968 SS Hemi Dart will do 0-160 in around 13 seconds.
A modified one will do 0-160 in less than 9 seconds.

Class Dismissed.

Old 09-14-2006, 11:48 AM
freedom

HAD to? no, definitely not.... forced induction is just the best way to get power, and Ford recognized that....

Besides... complaining about the SC is about the most ricerish thing you can do.... should I start whining about the extra displacement of the LS1? How about an even better comparison.... a stock 04 cobra, a stock LS1 camaro, $500 in mods to each, now how close is that race? The cobra walks the **** out of the LS1 then..... I own a ford... this is my first ford ever, I cant say it will be my last, but it probably will be. I am a GM guy, have been since I was born, but GM hasnt produced an interesting vehicle since 1996 (Impala SS) and I dont see that changing anytime soon. The new camaro, by the time it comes out, will be old hat since the challenger would have been out a year or two already.

But GM knows best right? we all want front wheel drive 4 doors right? I mean look at how well toyota does with it!!!

ORIGINAL: Racevette77

Supercharge an LS1 and see what happens at the track ;oP
-Ford had to charge their cobras to hang with LS1's and barely win ..... Ocassionally.

Old 09-14-2006, 09:10 PM
Racevette77
Professional

Love the GM vs Ford wars.

1) was not whineing about the Forced Indcution just stateing that there was a FI difference between the 2 cars u were talking about.

3) Fact is Ford puts out the lowes HP / TQ V8 since the loss of the 5.0-302 and the 351 Thus the need to SC their stuff to keep up with the competition. - 390hp is not Impressive for a Charged V8- Charge an LS1 you get 500-550hp-

4) Their is no replacement for Displacement ..... oh to add.... Yeah the GM V8 has more displacement and allso Gets Better *Gas mialage* than Ford Smaller, Less HP/TQ, overhead cam V8's.

-Never said GM knows best. They have been crap lately (minus the cadies). The 96 Impalla SS was the bomb and they ruined it with the Smaller FWD V6 pos and they Dumped the F-Bodys "Cuz they dident sell" (due to lack of advertiseing and price).
-But that does not mean that GM still cant produce an Excellent power plant....... They just dont know what to do w/ it.

Old 09-14-2006, 09:59 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

in all fairness, what was the last healthy vehicle that ford put out, without forced induction? im not trying to be a ricer at all, and i agree with you that dollar for dollar, a couple hundred bucks will go further with the terminator, just because things as simple as a hand tuner and a pulley kit (which i believe are less than 500 bucks total) will really bring the cobra to life...

but it seems to be true that ford cant make anything fast without forced induction...look at the 2V engines...without forced induction, they are pigs...

on a side note, have you always had a mod list that long freedom?

Old 09-14-2006, 10:33 PM
freedom

Right, to be fair though, it is what they are putting out, and not that it has a blower..... you cant cry foul or lack of engineering because it has a blower.... you want all fairness, take a look at the internals in an 03/04 cobra compared to an LS1... Ford threw the parts bin at these cars making them modding monsters (except for the IRS) fully forged bottom end. I agree the mod motor has had pitfalls, but the aftermarket is coming to life for it, and the 32v aluminum blocked 4.6L's can be made pretty damn scary. Why are we having a Ford vs Chevy war on a dodge board!!! hehe....

No of course my mod list hasnt been that long, and that list is ancient, plenty more done now.... lots of blood sweat and a few tears in this truck.... and its still just a truck to me, hauled 4-wheelers with it last weekend.

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

in all fairness, what was the last healthy vehicle that ford put out, without forced induction? im not trying to be a ricer at all, and i agree with you that dollar for dollar, a couple hundred bucks will go further with the terminator, just because things as simple as a hand tuner and a pulley kit (which i believe are less than 500 bucks total) will really bring the cobra to life...

but it seems to be true that ford cant make anything fast without forced induction...look at the 2V engines...without forced induction, they are pigs...

on a side note, have you always had a mod list that long freedom?

Old 09-21-2006, 03:50 PM
purdueranger
Veteran

There are the pics of my car.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:49 PM
Racevette77
Professional

Beautiful car Purdueranger.

Pics of my Vette + my SRT-4 in the last one there.

Old 09-21-2006, 09:43 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

freedom, do you run it?

and purdue, did you get back to the track, or the dyno?

Old 09-21-2006, 10:38 PM
freedom

run the dog**** out of it [sm=gears.gif]

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

freedom, do you run it?

and purdue, did you get back to the track, or the dyno?

Old 09-21-2006, 10:55 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

no, i meant at the track...

Quick Reply: LS1 camaro kills