Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Did Not Know Who Was #$*<^% With

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 06:13 AM
03ramhemi
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Did Not Know Who Was #$*<^% With

Also R/T_driver, where do you reside? Somewhere in Washington state? Another things, he took the corner fast because those GTI's are like "go-karts", they handle REALLY good.

Old 07-01-2004, 04:26 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

I drove a friends GTI VR6 once on the highway and it moves pretty good, but with all the mods done to your car I can see why you toasted him. Isn't the 2.4 motor swap into the neon good for 14s with no mods? You could make one hell of an all motor neon with a 2.4 motor.

Old 07-01-2004, 07:53 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: RT_Driver

I am an all-motor Neon R/T. It has Intake, T/B, Intake Manifold, P&P head, five angle value job, Crane 16's, Kirk racing header, Magnaflow exhaust, S-AFC, AFX-Man. Race ECU, No P/S, A/C, P/W, P/D, C/C, or tar paper, Custom clutch, Al. flywheel, Stage three axles, and more.

In the next few months I am doing a motor swap to the 2.4 thats in the PT.
geez man..no kidding you beat him!! youre completely built up! have you had that to the track? im curious what it does in the 1/4??

Old 07-02-2004, 04:38 AM
RT_Driver
Professional

Well my R/T is not slouch in the corners either. It is set up for auto cross and the road course. I'm classed in Street Modified for auto-x, and have been racing for five years.

You can see me race this month at the Torquesteerers event at the Boeing plant in Everett July 10 and 11. It is in the west lot.

I don't drag race since the cars not set up for it. But others with similar set ups are running high 13's - low 14's.

All thats left for this motor is balanced crankshaft, rods, and high compression pistons. But why when I'm changing the motor this winter.

The 2.4 suffer from poor cam design just like the 2.0, but have a much better intake manifold design. With the crane 22 or 24 cams, fuel upgrades, i/h/e, and I/M, mid 13's and maybe low 13's aren't out of the question. Throw in pistons, an engine balance and look out.

I really need this now that more cameros, mustangs, and 3 series BMWs are showing up in street mod. With this I hope to be more competitive to keep my sponsers happy.

Old 07-02-2004, 06:47 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 03ramhemi

Hmm....must have been an auto. My buddies 20th ann. GTI 1.8T 6spd (stock) can run a mid to high 14. The VR6 is just slightly slower, if not the same. Your R/T is running those numbers? Probably with those many/kinds of mods.
I have never seen ANY times posted for a 20th Ann. 1.8T GTi that were in the mid-14's. The best that I have seen posted stock were very high 14's and that is still without proof, just going by what they claimed. The far better R32 is barely capable of mid-14's and it's the same car with far more performance oriented construction and 60 more horsepower. The R32's run in the high 14's and may be capable of mid-14's, but never have I seen any stock 1.8T GTi running these times. Here is a link to an R32 review by a European source:

http://www.europeancarweb.com/features/0305ec_r32/

Old 07-02-2004, 11:56 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

thats pretty healthy sounded RT...do you have pics on here anywhere? and what do you have done with the chassis?

Old 07-03-2004, 08:55 PM
RT_Driver
Professional

I am still working on a web page. But as far as chassis goes, Koni adj. Ground control coil overs, Eibach front and rear sway bars, Energy Suspenion master bushing kit, Cusco front strut bar, GT wing and side splitters, Racing Trendz front splitter/defuser.

Next Month I am having a local shop put in a 4130 8pt. roll cage. They have to do the whole thing custom for me because of my height. It will be spendy, but worth the extra money to have it done right.

Old 07-04-2004, 03:56 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds good, we would love to see it when it's done.

Old 07-04-2004, 06:59 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

wow..so this car is hardcore. is it a sleeper, or does it look like a race car?