Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

05 Magnum SXT vs. 00 Dakota 4.7

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 10:12 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 05 Magnum SXT vs. 00 Dakota 4.7

The SXT Magnum weighs in at right at 3900lbs......and the V6 is crap compared to the 4.7L V8 in the 2000 Dakota.....the vehicles are fairly matched in weight and horsepower....but that V8 is gonna win it..

This one shouldnt be very close....as I fully expect the Dakota to win everytime provided a solid launch......if you sit n spin...you'll lose....

Old 08-30-2006, 11:48 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah that's a bit heavier than was first thought. What's the gear ratio in that thing?

Old 08-31-2006, 12:56 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: Mean Green

Yeah that's a bit heavier than was first thought. What's the gear ratio in that thing?

Old 08-31-2006, 01:22 AM
Mean Green
Champion

It's got decent gears. So that v6 is a dog huh?

Old 08-31-2006, 02:00 AM
stonecold

racevette, your right it is harder to launch an auto than a stick. In April I sold my 9.45@ 151, 2.3L 86 Mustang SVO. ( wife said kids or car, hehe i said car but, you married folk know how that goes LOL) On the way to work today i went to the spot where we will be runnin, for a few practice launches, and so far looks really good. I'm getting minimal wheel spin and the temp outside has only changed by like 3 degrees so i should do aight. I'll post up soon as i get home from the run. prolly round midnight.

Old 08-31-2006, 04:30 AM
stonecold

had one of the guys from my shop come with us a a flag man. here's the race breakdown. race 1, we lined up, hands dropped and we left damn near the same time, i completely spun thru first although i stayed right next to the magnum. barked 2nd and it was pretty much over from there i pulled on him hard. finished 3 cars ahead. race 2, gave him a one car spot, hands dropped, once again i spun but not as bad and reeled him in to take that one by 1 1/2 cars. ( no burnouts prior to my runs, he did small ones) race 3 i heated the tires real good before this one. heads up. brought the rpms up against the brakes, hands dropped and all i got was a chirp and was out in front by a truck when i chirped 2nd, beat him by 5 trucks on that one. i did not expect to win any of these being that my truck was heavier, and hp was pretty close ( crank wise) thats where good ole v8 torque helped. he said he didn't think the dakotas were that quick and wants to run again when he gets some more done to the car to see what kind of improvements they make. i told him if i beat him again he owes me gas money, he laughed we shook hands and went our ways. a few more mods for me and im gonna go magnum r/t hunting.... okay maybe not but at least ill give em a decent run

Old 08-31-2006, 10:46 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: stonecold

had one of the guys from my shop come with us a a flag man. here's the race breakdown. race 1, we lined up, hands dropped and we left damn near the same time, i completely spun thru first although i stayed right next to the magnum. barked 2nd and it was pretty much over from there i pulled on him hard. finished 3 cars ahead. race 2, gave him a one car spot, hands dropped, once again i spun but not as bad and reeled him in to take that one by 1 1/2 cars. ( no burnouts prior to my runs, he did small ones) race 3 i heated the tires real good before this one. heads up. brought the rpms up against the brakes, hands dropped and all i got was a chirp and was out in front by a truck when i chirped 2nd, beat him by 5 trucks on that one. i did not expect to win any of these being that my truck was heavier, and hp was pretty close ( crank wise) thats where good ole v8 torque helped. he said he didn't think the dakotas were that quick and wants to run again when he gets some more done to the car to see what kind of improvements they make. i told him if i beat him again he owes me gas money, he laughed we shook hands and went our ways. a few more mods for me and im gonna go magnum r/t hunting.... okay maybe not but at least ill give em a decent run
Told you that it wouldnt be close.....I've ran a 4.7L Dakota at the track....and those things are a lot quicker then people realize....

Old 08-31-2006, 11:16 PM
Mean Green
Champion

Nice kill man!

Quick Reply: 05 Magnum SXT vs. 00 Dakota 4.7