Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Finally beat a Mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 03:14 PM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally beat a Mustang!

After my car club meet on Tuesday, a bunch of guys were going down to a secluded area to race. It's about 20 miles from the A&W we meet at, so theres no cops, or random people around. I had three of my friends pile in my car to go watch the races with me. On the way there I got stuck at one of the many lights it takes to get there. So I'm sittin there waiting for the green and my buddy Shawn rolls up (he has a '02 GT with Flowmasters...w00t!). My friends start telling me my car will **** on Moostangs all day. I didn't believe them...so the light turns green. I ease thru 1st gear...almost no spinning (I guess because I had 3 ppl in the car), 2nd gear it's still neck and neck...3rd gear I'm pullin very slow...I think I shut down at 110mph, I had about a car or less. I was surprized! I didn't think a stock SRT-4 would be fast with ppl in the car. Anyway, I get to "The Spot". My friend Brent (has a '95 M3) is about to race my other friend G (he has a Honda S2000)...it was a close race but I think the Brent won by half a car...I'm not to sure. My friend G told me that he wanted to race me, so I said "WTF...I drive a Cobra Slayer...I can beat anything with 4 wheels!" We line em up...I tried to launch at 3,000rpms and slip it, but I couldn't hold it...I spun really bad in 1st gear...I lost by 2 or 3 cars. OOPS! I still need to get used to driving a 5 speed. I haven't driven a stick since high school. But all in all it was a goodnight...I had fun, but was pissed off because I missed the season premire of Nip/Tuck...damn it.

Old 09-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Racevette77
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finally beat a Mustang!

Yeah no need to launch at 3k rpm unless you "want" to burn out and have the front end bounce around on you. I usually stage round 1500 rpm and and ease out on the clutch to keep the wheels from spinning. Im not even fully on the gass untill i get her rollin and off the clutch. The SRT-4 has a Great Launch if you can keep her from boiling the tires lol

Quick Reply: Finally beat a Mustang!