Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

BANG Racing Cup team on hold! McReynolds leaves BANG?:

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 09:42 AM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BANG Racing Cup team on hold! McReynolds leaves BANG?:

Larry McReynolds' plans to expand his two-team Truck program to add a Nextel Cup team are on hold. "Things were in place for six, seven, eight races this year, but it wasn't solid for next year," said McReynolds, a Fox broadcaster, Truck team owner and former star crew chief. "I told Alex (Meshkin, the team owner) we don't need to take our focus away from the Truck championship this year and trying to win races this year, and there is no way you can put together a good Cup program for this year without having everything in place for next year. In all honesty, it's a little relief to me, because I don't want to take focus away from the Trucks, and I'm still nervous about Busch and Cup from my standpoint. The Truck deal works, because it's not a conflict of interests (with his TV jobs). When I walk through this garage, the guys respect me, and respect that when I'm with the Trucks, I'm with the Trucks, but when I'm in with them, I'm a broadcaster. So the Cup deal is not going to happen right now."(Winston Salem Journal)(7-6-2004)

UPDATE: an hearing that Larry MacReynolds parted way with BANG Racing today.

HOWEVER: there is a brand new article posted by McReynolds at FoxSports, where the teams switched crews again, back to where they were.(7-7-2004)

jayski.com

redriderbob

Quick Reply: BANG Racing Cup team on hold! McReynolds leaves BANG?: