Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

A Wild One In Chicago!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 10:31 AM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A Wild One In Chicago!

NASCAR....Stewart/Kahne = racing incident: NASCAR spokesman Herb Branham said officials considered the #20-Tony Stewart / #9-Kasey Kahne accident a "racing incident and nothing more," and if a penalty was required, it would have been assessed during the race. Branham said that NASCAR was reviewing the pit-road brawl. "If any penalties results, they will be announced later this week."

jayski.com

redriderbob

Old 07-13-2004, 12:31 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well, you said it...if he acts like dirty dale senior...

but we all know nothing wil be done...because tony is a golden boy...and kasey just drives a dodge

Old 07-13-2004, 07:19 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Typical NASCAR BS.......[:'(]

Old 07-13-2004, 07:32 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

indeed.

Old 07-13-2004, 07:33 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I taped it and reviewed the tape over and over and over... I'm a huge Dodge fan, but also like Dale Jr and Tony Stewart... I don't think Tony has had a good year, he's not been acting like an adult... but this ONE TIME I think Tony did not do it on purpose... the taped shows he slowed down and barely touched Kasey Kahne's car... he tried to avoid any contact. I think NASCAR make a good decision not to do anything to Tony... becuase for once, he didn't do anything on purpose.

I adore Kasey Kahne... I think he deserves a win more then anyone on the track... and I'd like to see him win over Dale Jr or Tony Stewart any day because I love Dodge... but I really think people are jumping on the bandwagon against Tony on this one without listening to the stories or seeing the footage.

And Karen... people have died... Dale Sr died, Adam Petty died, Cale Yarborough died... and more... it's an inevitable part of driving 200 mph... never once has someone died because of a purposeful act.... it does NOT happen that often, it just gets focused on and beat to death... IMO.

~Amanda

Old 07-13-2004, 09:03 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Crew Chief Tommy Baldwin got fined $10,000 for his part in the fight in the pits during Sunday's race. He's Kasey's crew chief and was also placed on probation until 31 Dec 2004. [&:]

Old 07-13-2004, 09:07 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

Unfortunately, he did start it by walking down there and getting in Tony's crew's faces about it... I'm glad he's not suspended or anything... he's a great crew chief. He and Kasey make a fabulous team.

~Amanda

Old 07-13-2004, 10:09 PM
redriderbob
Banned

Tommy Baldwin Jr, is a GREAT crew chief. He comes from a racing family, and also owns the #6 Busch Series Dodge Team. He found great success w/ Ward Burton and the Bill Davis Racing #22 CAT Dodge Team, also helpped get Dodge that win in the 2002 Daytona 500 w/ Ward!

He is a great replacement for Mike Ford, who was Bill Elliott's crew chief for several year, who now is crew chief for Dale Jarrett's #88 UPS Robert Yates Racing Ford team.

redriderbob

Old 07-13-2004, 10:21 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

I'm quite furious at BadStratRt over his comments about Dale Sr... so I took a few hours to respond so I wouldn't over react. Sterling Marlin did NOT kill Dale Sr... he did not cause his wreck on purpose... I love Dale Sr... but he tried to block and caused his own wreck... horrible but true.

I'm so angry anyone would say such a horrible thing like a driver should purposely do something to kill another driver. That's an awful way to think and a childish way to act... never would you hear another driver say such a thing.

Have your opinions about Dale Sr... but he was the greatest thing NASCAR ever had IMO...

~Amanda

Old 07-13-2004, 10:34 PM
redriderbob
Banned

don't worry about it Amanda, I edited his comment... just please be careful what everyone says, topics can get blown way of of proportion!

redriderbob

Quick Reply: A Wild One In Chicago!