Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

[Deleted]

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 01:32 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: CHECK THIS OUT!!!!

dusty...if i may..how old of a guy are you?
where i live, there is no crime. just alot of richass white folks, surrounding our little neighborhood. the police have nothing better to do than bother kids with nice cars. but when i was in amarillo a few years back, i saw some great street racing on the main drag (no pun intended) through the town. nothiing crazy..the cops stood around and watched, mostly to make sure no one was getting in a car after drinking. i enjoyed rding around drining however, because for the month or so i was there..i didnt have a car. however, i did make a modest pass against a 70 cutlass in a kitted up 99 z28 auto. so long as you didnt do a burnout, or get mving to like 100+, the police didnt seem to care. both sides of the streets lined up with people to watch, and local businesses charged admission to park. one guy i talked to said that tey cops were trying to funnel down on this by picking a certain time, then running people off earlier and earlier, with heavy warnings. interesting place, and i had alot of fun. bit too hot for my taste though...

Old 07-20-2004, 01:57 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't let him blow that smoke Dustyloins. He's had more than his share of run-ins witht he local police.[sm=smiley24.gif]

Old 07-20-2004, 02:01 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't believe that many people "started" the races with you, especially in such a small town. I live in a big city and there is loads of modded cars and most of them don't try to race everyone. And wtf do you have done to your truck to come close to beating a SRT4? I can't believe that you were even close to the SRT4 unless you have some crazy stuff done to your truck.

And my point before was about street racing be unfair is lets say you race from a red light, well the other person can leave early. Drag racin it doesn't matter if they leave early, they automatically lose. Thats why I don't take it too seriously when people say I beat so and so....

Old 07-20-2004, 02:03 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

exactly....i could see over the span of a week..but in one night?

and what DO you have done to that dakota?

Old 07-20-2004, 02:07 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

I couldn't get that many people to race me in one night unless I tried and there is a lot of rice driving the streets around here. I would have to cruise the biggest street in town and look for a bunch of hondas, not to mention where the hell were the cops during all these races. Do you not have police where you live?

Old 07-20-2004, 02:26 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

We have the same thing here in San Antonio on S.W. Military Drive on the weekends...it's like a car show/cruising party with a few bursts of power thrown in....SAPD is on every corner, but are almost never needed.....street racing in the rest of the city will get you attention from the land and air...

I'm 52 years old, spent 21 years active duty Air Force, fought in Vietnam, Panama and Desert Storm, worked as Security Police, and First Sergeant in the Air Force, been working at a local PD for the last 3 years. Was decorated by order of the President of the United States, twice, for service overseas.....retired as a Master Sergeant, E-7.
Questions?

Old 07-20-2004, 02:27 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

now now..i could find that many races in one night...

at the dragstrip...
then again, to get that many runs, those would have to be the only other cars there...

also, i guess i could race that much in one night if i rode around, and everytime i came toa red light, and i was the first car, i would rev the engine, and when the light turned green, i would hammer it and pull away from the unsuspecting driver in the other lane. eventually, another car would race back, and i would lose, and once youve registered a loss, you can count all the others as wins..

but seriously..there is a chance that wherever he or she lives is un-policed enough that there could be that much racing..

were you in the fast and the furious?

j/k....

and dusty, very impressive. i dont have a smiley to give you, but im not being sarcastic. as for the racing in amarillo, it was pretty much that..everyon sits around, and people get to talking trash, and they go out, and seldom get anywhere near a quarter mile, but the point is almost always made. the cars generalyl arent very fast, but there was one guy in a very nice non-numbers hemi cuda, pro-streeted out.
it was so much better than the pittsburgh racing/cruising scene..

here, if youre seen passing a certain point so many times, they pull you over..sort of a"rolling loitering". generally theyll fin something ot site you with..tint..exhaust...pipes..so forth...it sucks.

Old 07-20-2004, 02:36 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Botom line is, street racing proves nothing (except maybe for your imagination). The track and the strip are where it's supposed to occur and where you can back up your claims....[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 07-20-2004, 02:40 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: dustyloins

Botom line is, street racing proves nothing (except maybe for your imagination). The track and the strip are where it's supposed to occur and where you can back up your claims....[sm=smiley20.gif]
Rgr that dusty, that was my point from the beginning. It doesn't really mean jack.

Old 07-20-2004, 09:37 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: scg

I went and looked at couple Friday with my mom. She likes them, too. I have yet to test drive one though. If I go to Westpoint when I graduate, they are going to get me one of those or....... sorry, it was love at first sight...a slightly used; 4,000 miles, Mustang Mach 1. I'm not a a Mustang fan, and I'm certainly not a Ford fan, but that car was amazing. Looks awesome, sounds awesome, not that expensive either- $24,000. I'm going back some time this week to test drive it.
After you test drive that Mach 1, go test drive an SRT-4, that way you can compare them. They will be very different with one being FWD and the other RWD and they will also give you differing sensations of speed and acceleration.

The main reasons most people street race are;

time: at the track you can only run at certain times
location: most drag strips or any race tracks are way out in BFE, it takes me 45 min.- 1 hour to get to the nearest drag strip
rules: if your running this fast #### you have to have this #### to run
runs: when the track is open to any and all it is always a packed mad house and your lucky to get a couple of passes
price: for some this is an issue and the streets are free, unless you get caught
rivalry: you would be extremely lucky to get lined up against who/what you want to run, especially if they are busy

The other street racers run for money as well as running other types of races besides just 1/4 mile, like top end, point A to point B, from one speed to another and stop, etc. Most street racers would probably prefer to go to a track and not have to worry about the law and have a time slip to prove what they run, but some do it for the rush and part of that is the fact that it's illegal. If there was an open track just 20 minutes from me, I'd be there alot.[sm=smiley4.gif]

Quick Reply: [Deleted]