Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

[Deleted]

Old 07-20-2004, 09:38 AM
Fiddle Player
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CHECK THIS OUT!!!!

Same here.. I'd rather do the speed limit then to get a ticket. Last year Down in Detroit there was a street race going on and it was on tape on the news.. There were cops down there but they were watching the race and did nothing to stop it! And because of that one car lost control which hit a woman and killed her!![sm=smiley21.gif]

Karen

Old 07-20-2004, 12:13 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

in my experiences, people who dont race at tracks dont because they know they would get embarrassed at a track against Real drivers. like watching hot import nights..where you see lots of 1.000+ lights.

Old 07-20-2004, 02:09 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

in my experiences, people who dont race at tracks dont because they know they would get embarrassed at a track against Real drivers. like watching hot import nights..where you see lots of 1.000+ lights.
Thats what I think about it, get embarrassed at the track. And 71RR, you're right about tracks being way out in no where's land. The closest one to me around here is an hour to the north or south, i just have to pick which way I want to go, hehe. BadStrat, one of the times at the track awhile ago I saw someone who thoroughly embarassed themself. Some guy in a modded Corvette who ran 19's about 4 or 5 times. I think the best he ever ran was like a 14 and he only did that once. And yes, it was modded. As one of my friends said "daddy can't buy everything!" HAHAHA.

Old 07-20-2004, 02:26 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

there is a younger guy with a Z06 at my local track..usually runs low 14s/high 13s...

Old 07-20-2004, 07:21 PM
Deleted User
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 07-20-2004, 07:46 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

so scg is that dakota R/T ur first vehicle or did u have suttin else b4 it

thats what i want for my first vehicle tho a dakota R/T

Old 07-21-2004, 01:50 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: scg

WOW... I can't believe my post got that many replies. Anyways, those were in THREE nights, not just one. I think a couple of you missed that, lol. But yeah, I can't believe how many people just have to show what their car or truck is made of. I seriously only "started" the race against the SRT-4, and that was it. And believe it or not, I actually turned down several people who wanted to race me. Among them were more S-10's, 5.0 Mustangs, and a couple other Rams with 5.9's.

Dusty- that does kind of make sense to me. But here's the deal, there are several cops out in town on the weekends, but most are responding, to parties, drug busts, and wrecks all night. Not only that, but like I said, there are NEVER any wrecks involving racing. Most people are smart enough to just go to the limit or a little over. And I NEVER race around other traffic. No one ever tries to do anything stupid. Sure, street racing is pretty stupid to begin, and I agree..... but sometimes that pride and ego is just too big, lol.

71Roadrunner- Yeah, several of the factors you listed come into play here. There are two dragstrips within 20 miles, but......

1. They are only 1/8th mile
2. Neither are kept in good shape
3. One is just a run whoever deal, and no one is ever there. Also, they don't even give time slips.
4. The other only does organized racing. Lots of rules, lots of money to enter, and cars that are WAY out of my league.
5. The chances of going the strip and cathing that Mustang or 85' Chevy that's been talking smack about your ride isn't very good. When I come across someone like that, right then and there, it's on. I forget about the cops and everything else. From there on out, adrenaline takes over.
3 days or one day its still hard to believe you didn't start any of them except the SRT4. And how the hell were you even close to the SRT4? Was he not even trying? An SRT4 would hand your truck its *** on a silver platter unless you have some crazy stuff done to your truck.

Old 07-21-2004, 02:24 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i have still been shunned as pertaining ot my request for a mod list..[:'(]

Old 07-21-2004, 11:38 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree. Although I have seen a few bad runs by SRT-4 owners that just don't seem to have a clue as to what they are doing, so it is very possible.[:@] I've even heard of ones that ran as bad as a low 15.[sm=smiley21.gif]

Old 07-21-2004, 11:56 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

hey 71...there was a guy at the columbus CC event that had a stage 2 SRT, running mid 14s...

also,do you know a guy with a silver srt with the plate "PVO NEON"? he runs alot of the CC events...and hes pretty fast..high 12s.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Deleted]