Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

truck vs challenger

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truck vs challenger

ok so a few weeks ago i had this little run in but didnt even think about posting it until now. there was this guy driving around in a perfectly restored 71 challenger with a big 440 emblem on the side. it was a beautiful car, plum crazy paint, dual exhuast coming out before the rear tires on both sides, nice, non blingy rims, it was just awesome. i was sitting at a stop light and he pulled up next to me we both have our windows down so i told him how much i loved his car and he said thanks and revved it up. i knew he was gonna smoke me but i just had to run a legend, so i revved it up and turned od off and said wanna go? he spun his tires a little and eased up. light turned green and we hit it. i stayed with him for maybe 1 second or less and by the time he was out of first he had 4 or 5 lengths on me. he hit second and i was in like 4 by this time and he had bus lengths on me. he shut it down and i kept up til i was even with him. i got in the lane behind him and he turned into a gas station so i followed him and had a little chat while he was filling up. very awesome guy who unfortunantly wasnt from around here he was just passing through so i havent run into him again but it was sweet just getting to look the car all over and take a peek under the hood. i dont see many mopars around here, the only thing people around here mess with are the old stangs so it was a treat getting to run into a fellow mopar maniac. in hindsight i should have told him about this site but i wasnt thinking....

Old 01-04-2007, 09:38 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: truck vs challenger

i love cool people.. alot of people with nice cars love talking to you about them, there is this guy that comes in my store all the time buying car audio ****, for his T/As and Z06 we get to talking and we talk for hours makes my day go by so fast...

but useally when i talk to people with other dodges, i useally tell them about this site..

BTW does this site sell large decals for your windshield or somthing. I want represent!

Old 01-05-2007, 03:22 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's always cool. I wonder why he has the '70 ChallengerT/A exhaust though, he must just prefer them to the typical rear exit.

Old 01-05-2007, 04:42 AM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i didnt know they made a challenger like that stock i figured it was just something he did himself. i know ive always loved the look of two exhaust pipes coming out in front of the rear tire on each side. so you have four tailpipes in all. it looks bad ***.

Old 01-06-2007, 06:07 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They just have 2. In the Challenger T/A and the AAR Cuda the muffler inlet and outlet are side by side on the front of the muffler and the exhaust pipes do a U-turn out of the mufflers allowing them to exit in front of the rear tires at a rearward angle. They look great and the Challenger T/A's are one of the best looking cars ever. Here are a couple pics of the '70Challenger T/A's (I picked the first one for Pat since it looks like a black Mirada's in the background):

[IMG]local://upfiles/193/4BAE812A89F34DA89B30A08242ECC285.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/193/1B77EA3D6644454DB214DD1FF6CA14BA.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: truck vs challenger