Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Slaughtered a Honda

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 05:02 PM
RedSS454
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slaughtered a Honda

Only it wasn't with my Dodge, but it's still a kill story. I was on the way home from a cruise night with My Chevelle. Just cruising down the road when this riced out Civic with a fart can flew past me. I really wasn't gonna waste my gas or time, as it wouldn't have even been fair. I just keep putting along, and we catch a light together. I look over, and it's a girl. SHes got AEM stickers on it. I look and smile, and she rev's on me. Ha! This should be fun. Light goes green. SHe floors it, I figured I would play a little bit. I let her get 3 lengths before I even let off the clutch. I roll out to about 5mph and nail it. By the end of second gear I had her by 4 lenghts. I let off as it was a busy road and it was late. She does the ricer fly-by and I never saw her agian.

It's amazing what real American Muscle can do.

Chris

Old 08-22-2006, 08:43 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Slaughtered a Honda

Wow that's just dumb... Why even bother messing with you? She propably just wanted to see what you had or something. Good kill and keep putting the rice in its place.

Old 08-22-2006, 09:57 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

haha!

when i went to get the mirada out of winter storage two years ago, i was driving it back with no tags yet...i was just running the emergency repair tags...with the hoosiers and exhaust. well, i get to a stop light, and my dad is behind me in the bimmer..and this kid in a badly riced out civic rolls up next to me as im slowing on yellow..i dont want to risk being accused of going through a red light in this area...so as we both stop, the kid in the passenger seat yells something about how his "boys civic eats pieces of american garbage" or something stupid...i looked in the rear view and my dad is violently shaking his head "no"...but how can i refuse? i mean, this isnt just a race between a dodge mirada and a civic...this is a race between the united states and the world, right?

well...the cross traffic slowed, and as we were mid day, there was very little traffic on the road which we were sitting on, so i brought it up against the convertor, and gently eased up, and the civic followed..i was hoping to bait him into letting me hear if he was boosted, and i heard nothing over my exhaust....the light turned green, and even with the tires spinning, i pulled out on him, and once the tires hooked, i put bus lengths on him...i turned off right away and took a back road, and at the next light, my dad even gave this moron a close run, but he did manage to beat the high 15 second bmw...

remember, its not about racing, its about the united states reputation agaisnt the world!

Old 08-23-2006, 08:47 PM
Mean Green
Champion

That's a nice kill strat did you have the slicks on that thing or street tires? I would have to say that kid must be retarded especially if you had all the racing decals on it at the time.

Old 08-23-2006, 11:29 PM
Racevette77
Professional

lmao good stories. It still amazes me how these guys talk so much crap. I had a similar expierence with a Nicely riced out Honduh Civic while i was in my Vette. I toy with him some on the freeway b4 i exit. He exits w/ me and begins talking mess about how his car will smoke my Vette and how i dont know him and all that typical ricer boy garbage. Light hits green ... i ease outa first, slam second and by 3rd (90 Mph) he was only seein my tail lights from several bus lengths.

Needless to say he dident wanna pull up next to me at the next light and run off at the mouth again.

Now i will have to say i ran a guy out here with a bad *** Toyota Celica (92 modle) Non riced out. It looked stock except for the fart can and the front bumper. I didnt start passing him untill 155mph then we cut it. He was a really cool guy very down to earth.

Old 08-24-2006, 04:23 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mean Green

That's a nice kill strat did you have the slicks on that thing or street tires? I would have to say that kid must be retarded especially if you had all the racing decals on it at the time.
i had some of the decals...but it hasnt had anything except for drag radials on it for years...they are street legal...

Old 08-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Mean Green
Champion

No I know they aren't legal but I figured since you were just pulling it outta storage to take it home it might've had them on.
Racevette I had a buddy mess with a vette just to see what that thing could do, he wasn't talking trash we just cruised up next to him and then my buddy floored it. As soon as the guy in the vette saw what he was doing he hammered it all I could say was DAAAMMNNN! My buddy had an older 4 door legend, no mods.
Once I had a vette meet up with me on a highway I was running about 110 in a ford ranger work truck we were cat and mousing it for the few miles that he was on the freeway. I know he would've smoked me but I guess he was surprised to see a putt putt ranger going 110 with about 1k pounds in the back. LOL

Old 08-25-2006, 10:00 PM
300ZXSRT4
Captain

Some of you guys have some fast cars; so what is the use of racing a civic you know you are going to beat? The guy in the civic got exactly what he wanted, "A mad tight street race". This only encourages the ricer mentality. Ricers pull your strings and you dance like Team America.....

Old 08-25-2006, 11:34 PM
Racevette77
Professional

He may have got his "mad tight race" but i enjoyed every second of it as well ) its not just because he pushed my buttons Its because i allso wanted the run .... allthough i was hopeing for more of a challenge due to the trash he talked. I accually enjoy a close run weather i loose or win. It makes it WAY more fun.

-well u dont allways know your gona beat them. U must not have seen the 2nd half of my post about the celica i ran....... I "knew" i would beat him but i had No clue how fast his car Really was. I let him infront of me cuz i "knew" i would blow past him.
Well needless to say i did not blow past him...... I raped out 4th into about 145 and he was STILL infront of me (usually by the end of 4th im seeing people way behind me). It wasent untill 150mph i was next to him and it wasent untill 155mph that i started "inching" into the lead.-
Moral of the story.... U never Know how fast the guys car "really" is.

LoL mean green thats funny. A buddy of mine had an S10 (older one) that he dropped a 400ci in with a 3 speed on the floor. He couldent do over 120ish but he would get there DAMN FAST. Back in the day we would go to our local "illegal" drag strip and he would race Mustangs and Vettes and stuff with a Fridge in the bed..... Thats right a Refridgerator in the bed - LOL. People would laugh untill they saw him winning. Those were fun times.

Old 08-26-2006, 12:10 AM
Mean Green
Champion

Yeah I bet that the fridge did help with the traction though. I was wondering since I have a 4wd would it be better to use that than 2wd? Would it give me more torque? I'm not talking 4 low I know that would double my torque but I'd never be able to get it out of 4 low after starting off.

Quick Reply: Slaughtered a Honda